Some questions on Unions and the left..
1 response | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - June 30, 2018, 7:50 a.m.

There was a recent court ruling on whether nonmembers can be compelled to pay union dues.  In conjunction with the "right to work" concept where a worker cannot be compelled to join a union, the left is extremely concerned.

Here is where I get really confused,  but I've made no secret of the fact that the reasoning of the left often leaves me confused,   which leads to my question. 

I watched a series of speeches by assorted leftist champions including Pelosi and Schumer.  The essential message was that this was an assault on working people and freedom and that it will make it more difficult for workers to unionize.

How can giving someone the freedom to choose whether or not to join a union be an assault on freedom?

How can giving someone the choice of whether or not to pay union dues as a non-member be an assault on freedom?

And, finally,  how does any of this make unionizing more difficult?  If unions are good, workers will join willingly,  right?

Thanks in advance. 

Comments
By mcfarm - June 30, 2018, 8:56 a.m.
Like Reply

unions nowadays are great......for the union officials in Dc wining and dining and eating filet every nite all the while getting raises every 6 months