Lock downs
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 23, 2021, 10:35 a.m.

It seems the U.K is a bit weary of lock downs and want some indication of future plans  from the gov't

Our Province is in lock down. Our premier says he hates the idea of lock down but has no choice because our infection rate continues to climb higher. Phizer also stopped delivery of vaccine which we had bought. They are holding us to ransom demanding tax breaks before delivering the full amount. They now say they will resume partial delivery at some time in the near future. Daily phone calls have no effect on delivery plans by Phizer

My question

If we can't get a dependable supply of vaccine, then does a lock down make any sense on a net good vs bad

How can we make plans with no idea of supply?

Comments
Re: Lock downs
0 likes
By wglassfo - Jan. 24, 2021, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

I've  given a run down on both Canada and the U.K re: lock downs

Now to the USA

I ran across some information about USA lock down

It seems that those who can are leaving states with lock down to states that are mostly or are open for people to move about

It seems Texas and mostly southern states have people moving in with Ca. losing people due to lock down. Obviously climate factors into the decision of where people choose to live. Another interesting fact is people are choosing smaller communities vs the bright lights of big cities

The sad part is many poor people are left behind who can't afford to re-locate even if they have no job or financial ties to a city like N.Y.

The one state that does not show people moving in is N.M  which must have a reason for not wanting to live there

Any way Biden seems to want to give money to states with loss of tax revenue with printed money

Some how I don't think this will end well, for Biden