Vaccine Rollout Disaster
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 22, 2021, 9:35 a.m.

Months to prepare for the vaccine rollout logistics came woefully short.  States are ready but Trump was  a complete failure.  Tragedy! 

100,000 will die in the next month.

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 22, 2021, 9:55 a.m.
Like Reply

TDS at its best once again. most every report says fed were ready and states screwed the pooch.....By the way if you had not noticed Trump left town

By wglassfo - Jan. 22, 2021, 10:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Don't ask me the numbers but Biden proudly claimed X amount of vaccinations in 1st 100 days

Heck that is the number already being vaccinated before Trump left town

So: Either Biden can't do any better than Trump or he did not bother to even ask what the present rate was

Even CNN asked Biden if he couldn't raise the bar a little bit

No comment from the Biden camp about raising the bar

By mcfarm - Jan. 22, 2021, 11:17 a.m.
Like Reply

there was 1 comment. that red headed space cadet just sighed and said "well I am not good at math"...but hey deversity is so great ain't it?

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2021, 12:18 p.m.
Like Reply

This is the sort of thing that happens when your primary news source is the NYT.

Fauci Refutes Biden Admin Claim that Trump Left ‘No Plan’ for Vaccine Distrib

"

Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, refuted a claim by the Biden administration that the outgoing Trump administration left no plan for distributing coronavirus vaccines.

President Biden said at a White House press conference on Thursday that the Trump administration’s distribution of coronavirus vaccines has been a “dismal failure,” and set a goal to vaccinate 100 million Americans by the end of April. Meanwhile, sources in the Biden administration claimed that the previous administration left no vaccine distribution plan.

“There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch,” one source told CNN on Thursday.

However, Dr. Fauci directly refuted this claim after Biden left the press conference."

"The seven-day rolling average of coronavirus vaccines administered to Americans is 914,000, according to the Bloomberg vaccine tracker, with 1.6 million doses administered on Wednesday alone. Biden’s plan calls for a million Americans to be vaccinated each day.

When asked by a reporter whether the goal to vaccinate one million people per day is not ambitious enough, Biden said that the goal was a “good start.”

By metmike - Jan. 22, 2021, 12:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Lapping up the MSM narratives again I see.

Tim has said something to the affect"If Trump discovered a cure for cancer, the MSM would all scream that he was putting doctors out of business"

Let's review some of the false narratives that you want us to buy into:

For the past year, we've been told (by the MSM and you) that Trump has caused the pandemic to be much worse or in many cases, caused it in the US.....despite the fact that almost all the decisions/rules are ENTIRELY set by each state/locality. Trump played no role in those most important decisions.

We continue to be told to wear almost worthless cloth masks(you stated numerous times here telling folks to wear those masks) as this was the advice of FAUCI and the so called science leaders..........still is. The places with the worst COVID the past 6 months have had cloth mask mandates. Trump played no role but got the blame because he didn't push the bs cloth mask narrative.

When COVID was getting spread in a big way, from massive BLM rallies/riots in the middle of a pandemic, Trump was trying to reign in the violence at least, while getting bashed for doing it and we were absurdly told "there is no evidence that the protests are spreading COVID" (that would be like filling a balloon with helium and telling us there is no gravity). FAUCI and our science leaders completely failed to tell us the truth.  In fact, contact tracers were ordered to not ask anybody with COVID if they had been to to a BLM rally because it would violate their civil rights..............and show the evidence which was being hidden. But when COVID went way up from the protests.........guess whose fault it was?

Then Trump pushed hard to have the vaccine ready early and got bashed by the MSM, who convinced people it would be unsafe because Trump forced it out before it was properly tested. Now we have a huge % of the population that refuses to get the vaccine.........the anti Trump/MSM gatekeepers caused this but guess who's fault it was?

Now, we have a vaccine that might not even be here if not for Trump, having numerous distribution issues in the states, we are told,  because of Trump. Anything to vilify Trump and never give him credit for anything at any time.

I watched CNN yesterday on their vaccination coverage and listened to the Biden team that is supposedly calling for us to come together. They spent much of their time telling us that they thought Trump's team was incompetent but now they know that its way worse than what they every imagined.

I could only believe that if, at some point in the last year, they gave credit for one thing that Trump did right with COVID............get the vaccine to the market in record time............but even then they bashed him and made people afraid of it, so no, they will never, ever tell the truth. They will spin every single story to make Trump look like the bad guy.  Note, I told several of those stories above as evidence.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63880/#63909

But I continue to encourage you to post and start threads with your opinions.....and am very grateful for that and the respectful, intelligent way that you post.  We need you here because you are the liberal voice on Marketforum and keep this from being an echo chamber. 

Because I disagree with you on this particular topic is why I appreciate you that much more joj!

By joj - Jan. 22, 2021, 12:51 p.m.
Like Reply

My post wasn't based on any news source.  It is common knowledge in the state of NY that the Feds are failing us.  I know people who's appointments got canceled because the promised vaccines didn't arrive.  It's pathetic.

Thankfully, the Clown who does nothing but tweet and watch Fox Noise has left town.

Help is on the way.

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2021, 1:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I have a new answer that I'll rely on for this sort of thing..

Truly Amazing..   I'll abbreviate as:

TA

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2021, 1:10 p.m.
Like Reply

How many can envision this scenaio?

Trump hand delivers and administers 1,000,000 vaccines per day.

Sam cites reports where Trump's "Ham Fisted Needle Handling" left many with bruises.

By metmike - Jan. 22, 2021, 1:20 p.m.
Like Reply

"Help is on the way."

So does that include the worst decision(s) for US energy in our history by a president............by a wide margin and he's only been in office a few days?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63970/#64563

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2021, 2:11 p.m.
Like Reply

We actually live in a world where....

Under Trump, we average over 900k vaccines administered per day, one day recently, 1.6 million.

Joe Biden sets a goal of 1,000,000 vaccines per day.

Liberals yell from the roof tops.. "Hallelujah,  Finally some responsible leadership. Things will start happening now".

And this is typical.

By cutworm - Jan. 22, 2021, 7:02 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/nyregion/new-york-vaccine-guidelines.html

After Unused Vaccines Are Thrown in Trash, Cuomo Loosens Rules

Across New York State, medical providers in recent weeks had the same story: They had been forced to throw out precious vaccine doses because of difficulties finding patients who matched precisely with the state’s strict vaccination guidelines — and the steep penalties they would face had they made a mistake

I guess that is trumps fault too.

By mcfarm - Jan. 22, 2021, 7:13 p.m.
Like Reply

clown? who is the clown who fought Trump tooth and nail against the travel ban that saved million of lives...FAUCI. Who is thE clown who in March fought against masks and was caught at the all-star game with out his...FAUCI.  Who was the clown that laughed out loud when Navarro and the Trump team said we will have a vaccine by November and we did...FAUCI.  Who was the clown that started funding the clinic in Wuhan that ultimately led to the very virus that has killed millions...FAUCI. dAMN jOJ WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GO WITH SOME FACTS. jJust because the msn have declared Fauci some kind of hero when the facts are so clear you could do some reading on your own.

By joj - Jan. 24, 2021, 7:45 a.m.
Like Reply
By cutworm - Jan. 24, 2021, 9:58 a.m.
Like Reply

Why West Virginia's Push To Vaccinate Against COVID-19 Is Ahead Of Other States : Shots - Health News : NPR

State and local officials in other places may not have been able to coordinate as smoothly, she says. "They're trying to get CVS and Walgreens to come to their facilities, and CVS and Walgreens are moving at the pace they're moving."

In contrast, Hannan says, West Virginia is more directly in control of the flow of vaccines to long-term care facilities. It's a smaller operation that can adapt and switch gears, while other states must navigate the bureaucracy of huge national chains. "They're not as flexible, they're not as nimble as public health to make adjustments" to move people and vaccine supplies around, she says.

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2021, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the good stuff!

My 95 year old Dad lives in an assisted living facility in Detroit and they still have no idea when the residents will be able to get vaccinated.

My sister and brother in law are health care workers in Detroit and were vaccinated  the first time a couple of weeks ago. He had a mild reaction for a couple of days, but no reaction from her.

My daughter is a geriatrics occupational therapist that runs numerous skilled nursing homes here in IN and received her 2nd shot early this month. No reaction with the first shot but a mild reaction for a couple of days after the 2nd one. 

I'll be going with my 85 year old mother in law, for both of us to get vaccinated on Tuesday here in Evansville IN. I had to twist her arm because she was afraid(my wife's sister filled her head with fear mongering).

I'm much more concerned about getting into a car and driving to the store and getting killed in a car wreck  than I am about any reaction to the vaccine.....and I'm not worried at all about driving in a car!.......and driving to the store won't protected me from future car accidents........the COVID vaccine will protect me!!!

https://www.asirt.org/safe-travel/road-safety-facts/

Annual United States Road Crash Statistics

• More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.
  • An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.
  • Road crashes are the leading cause of death in the U.S. for people aged 1-54.
  • The economic and societal impact of road crashes costs U.S. citizens $871 billion.
  • Road crashes cost the U.S. more than $380 million in direct medical costs.
  • The U.S. suffers the most road crash deaths of any high-income country, about 50% higher than similar countries in Western Europe, Canada, Australia and Japan.

California resident dies several hours after receiving COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-resident-dies-several-hours-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine

"Any reports surrounding the cause of death are premature," police said

"While less data exists on adverse reactions related to the Moderna vaccine, a similar vaccine shows that the expected rate of anaphylaxis is approximately 1 in 100,000."