MAGA Infighting
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 21, 2021, 8:09 a.m.
Comments
By metmike - Jan. 21, 2021, 11:35 a.m.
Like Reply

This has got to be one of the most hilarious spins ever!

Twisting the news that the left/MSM was blatantly wrong in a massive way about....... the pardons................into news that it was really not them being wrong, it was  the other side that was wrong!

Yellow journalism applying its brainwash to readers using fake news in full force!

Let me show you. From your article:

"In the days leading up to Trump’s departure from office, his online followers watched with horror as his pardons that were supposed to go to allies and supporters instead went to people who were inherently swampy: white-collar criminals convicted of tax fraud, family friends, Steve Bannon, even Democrat Kwame Kirkpatrick. 

“So just to recap: Trump will pardon Lil Wayne, Kodak Black, high profile Jewish fraudsters … No pardons for middle class whites who risked their livelihoods by going to ‘war’ for Trump,” fumed a user in a white supremacist channel on Telegram, the encrypted messaging service that has gained thousands of new subscribers since the Jan. 6 Capitol riots."

metmike: But it was THEM (and YOU Joj) that insisted Trump would pardon all those allies and supporters NOT his supporters. We have the evidence here:

Trump Pardons for Sale            

Started by joj - Jan. 18, 2021, 10:05 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/64417/

1-18-21: metmike: The left has been telling us for weeks that Trump is taking bids from many hundreds of rich Republicans to see who will buy his pardons with their money and influence. Let's see if it actually happens.

1-20-21: metmike(right after the list of pardons was released): Tell me what I must be missing. This doesn't look like a long list of cronies/friends.

By metmike - Jan. 21, 2021, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

This is the article from the NYT's  that you posted joj:

Prospect of Pardons in Final Days Fuels Market to Buy Access to Trump

The president’s allies have collected tens of thousands of dollars — and potentially much more — from people seeking pardons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/us/politics/trump-pardons.html?searchResultPosition=1

metmike: So Trump either pardoned his allies as predicted by the NYT's and MSM ORRR he didn't as your article today insists. For the MSM sources to  flip their wrong position/prediction into it being the wrong position of Trump supporters shows you why this country is so divided and people can't trust news sources that have the opposite political affiliation of theirs...................so they gravitate to the news being told the way they like to hear it. 

If you are being fed bullsheet, at least its bullsheet that lines up with your belief system!!!

And many news sources do this intentionally to maximize their attractiveness to one side. 

We could have explosive growth here from the right side if I just posted right wing stuff.

Instead, I often have to reign in the extreme stuff(election stolen for instance) & spend a great deal of time busting crapola from both sides and am often just a big fact checker. 

People prefer echo chambers and flock to them in hordes.

By mcfarm - Jan. 21, 2021, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

MM, you know darned well that Trump and his family often hang with lil wayne and black kodak

By joj - Jan. 21, 2021, 2:20 p.m.
Like Reply

The reason Trump didn't pardon those who went to war for him and attempted a coup is that he wants to hold on to the plausible deniability that he had any responsibility in those crimes committed.   He doesn't want to be convicted.  Pretty straight forward and not in contradiction to previous posts.

By TimNew - Jan. 21, 2021, 2:47 p.m.
Like Reply

"I heard what he said,    but I know what the bastard meant!!!"

By joj - Jan. 21, 2021, 6:25 p.m.
Like Reply

The post was about MAGA infighting.  It was about QAnon/White supremacy lies that get shattered by the plain truth.

But I will bow out of this thread so you guys can make it about the media coverage or some other issue.

By mcfarm - Jan. 21, 2021, 6:34 p.m.
Like Reply

you can bow out because we all know MAGA has not one thing to do with with supremacy.

By metmike - Jan. 21, 2021, 8:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Nice try joj but I'm disappointed in you. 

The discussion, at least from me is  from the article you started this thread with, using the exact  quote from it and from another thread related exactly to that quote that you started.

Bailing out just tells us that you don't want to be held accountable for stating things that turned out to be wrong. 

Telling us that you will only be part of the discussion if it limits the talk only to  MAGA infighting, when YOUR link and YOU brought up what I am discussing tells us what about you?

If you are here to represent liberals as honest people with good points(you did a great job of this on the election fraud stuff-because you were right on)  to a mostly conservative audience, this is the exactl wrong way to go about it.

Both sides think that they are right about everything all the time though and the other side is always wrong, so I'm not surprised. 

By metmike - Jan. 21, 2021, 8:15 p.m.
Like Reply

"The reason Trump didn't pardon those who went to war for him and attempted a coup is that he wants to hold on to the plausible deniability that he had any responsibility in those crimes committed.   He doesn't want to be convicted.  Pretty straight forward and not in contradiction to previous posts."

But why were you and the MSM still saying up to right before he issued the pardons(CNN, the day before) that he would issue them to his friends and cronies?

This new explanation by you ONLY came AFTER he issued them.

In other words, flip a coin. 

Heads and I win.

Tails and you lose.

Or in this case.

Trump issues pardons to friends and cronies, who pay him off and he's evil just like I told you.

OR

Trump doesn't issue pardons to friends and cronies and he's coniving and evil and also it was really the MAGA crowd that thought he would do that, not me..............I figured he probably would not do that but just never said anything about it earlier, after starting a thread that said he would do that.