Trump & N Dakota wheat farmers
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 28, 2018, 5:30 p.m.

Farmers might be wondering if Trump is throwing them under the bus

Trump was in Fargo North Dakota, and was handed a note, about wheat, which he began to read, during a rally

He then asked if anybody knew what the note meant because he sure as heck did not

I can imagine what the farmers of N Dakota are thinking about Trump and him not understanding the wheat issue

Wheat is a big deal to N Dakota but not to Trump

Wonder what the wheat farmers thought about Trump throwing the note on the floor and telling the folks he had no idea what it meant

Maybe because the farmer is only 2% of the vote Trump thinks he can throw the farm vote under the bus and win elections

He did suggest no more subsidies so he has been throwing the farmer under the bus a lot

Does Trump care if the farmer sells soybeans, cattle etc to export markets

Does Trump care about subsidies

I dunno

Comments
By mcfarm - June 28, 2018, 5:40 p.m.
Like Reply

wayne, I watched the rally. You are putting way to much import to a comedic minute. Trump aids did pass him a note to explain the screwed up  Canadian grading system. Trump honestly said he di not understand wheat. By no means was he putting anybody down. He reassured the farmers that number 1 this china thing will be worked out. The Canadian thing will b worked out. Things are happening right now. The crowd and Trump all got the humor and  the laughter {as it was many many times} during the rally was loud and enjoyed by all. Pleas stop trying to paint every incident with Trump in a negative light. He is on a huge roll and the left is getting steam rolled and we love it.

By carlberky - June 28, 2018, 5:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Mc, Please stop trying to paint every incident with Trump in a positive light. He is on a tiny roll and the right will be getting steam rolled and we love it.

By cliff-e - June 28, 2018, 6:11 p.m.
Like Reply

I wonder how long before we see layoffs at the Fiat of Italy owned CNH Steiger tractor plant in Fargo ND.? Or the SE Asian owned Doosan plant that makes Bobcat skid steer loaders in Gwinner ND. Or Wilrich mfgr. or Summers Mfgr. based in other small towns in ND.? John Deere is building seeding equipment in ND also...maybe they'll move that to other existing worldwide plants.

Cirrus Aircraft made in Duluth Mn. and Mooney Aircraft made in Kerrville Tx. as well as Continental Aircraft engines are owned by Chinese Co.s ... Will they choose to stay in a country run by a  delusional tyrant dictator?

Trump's trade killing tariffs will have more than just a ripple effect on our economy...it'll be a tidal wave of red ink.

By mcfarm - June 28, 2018, 10:31 p.m.
Like Reply

right guys...I just new there was a reason we are building 6 new steel plants.....just keep rooting against trump more to the point rooting against evil prosperous America...that will win you lots of elections

By Lacey - July 2, 2018, 9:20 a.m.
Like Reply

I am surprised at the unwillingness of our farmers to accept short term pain to correct long standing inblances in our trade deficits. You have allowed corporate America to outsource our entire middle-class to fatten their compensation and you don't think that needs to be addressed.  Bring on the civil war.  The only way to get rid of the rot in the system.

By Lacey - July 2, 2018, 9:23 a.m.
Like Reply

You are wrong Carl, Trump is on a giant roll that will MAGA.  Either get on board or get out of the way.  You will get steamrolled if you don't.