The First Step in Healing the Nation. - Tell the Truth
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 15, 2021, 7:56 p.m.

South Africa had some success with a Truth and Reconciliation Commission in the 1990s.  

Democrats will heal nothing by caving under threat of more violence.  Appeasement doesn't work.

The first step has to be to for Republicans to acknowledge that the Trump big lie is in fact a lie.  

I don't expect that from Trump, who I expect to profit from continuing to tear the country apart.  But the 150 or so Republicans in the house who played into the lie (and they KNOW it is a big lie) that Biden is not the legitimate president, have to tell the truth.

Lankford is the first.  He apologized. He told the truth.  It's a start.  

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2021, 6:51 a.m.
Like Reply

If by "the big lie", you mean the election....

I've admitted the counting was legitimate.  There were some glitches,  but nothing significant.

However,   I am not so confident on the validity of the ballots. I know for a fact that in my county, which has "switched" from red to blue recently,   the board refuses to examine and purge the voter registration data.  Even after being presented with solid evidence of invalid registrations.   It is a target rich source of invalid votes, and apparently,  they like it that way.   I can't say for sure that this is true in other counties, as I have no first hand knowledge,  but I bet it is.    

By metmike - Jan. 16, 2021, 12:58 p.m.
Like Reply

With regards to the election, in an ideal world, this  would be true but in the world of politics, where perception and power rule...............forget it man. Most of these people just don't have it in them.

We are still suffering from the "blame Russia" hangover of 2016. The MSM and Dems and US intelligence were just using that one again in October 2020 to pin the blame on Russia for the legit Biden scandal.

This is completely made up/manufactured below:

Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say

More than 50 former intelligence officials signed a letter casting doubt on the provenance of a New York Post story on the former vice president's son.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

"More than 50 former senior intelligence officials have signed on to a letter outlining their belief that the recent disclosure of emails allegedly belonging to Joe Biden’s son “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.” 

The letter, signed on Monday, centers around a batch of documents released by the New York Post last week that purport to tie the Democratic nominee to his son Hunter’s business dealings. Under the banner headline “Biden Secret E-mails,” the Post reported it was given a copy of Hunter Biden’s laptop hard drive by President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who said he got it from a Mac shop owner in Delaware who also alerted the FBI. 

While the letter’s signatories presented no new evidence, they said their national security experience had made them “deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case” and cited several elements of the story that suggested the Kremlin’s hand at work.

“If we are right,” they added, “this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this election, and we believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this.” 

Nick Shapiro, a former top aide under CIA director John Brennan, provided POLITICO with the letter on Monday. He noted that “the IC leaders who have signed this letter worked for the past four presidents, including Trump. The real power here however is the number of former, working-level IC officers who want the American people to know that once again the Russians are interfering."