Georgia election
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 5, 2021, 11:29 p.m.

Going down to the wire:

Live Georgia Election Updates And Results

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/georgia-senate-election-results/

Filed under Georgia Senate Runoff

Last Updated: January 5, 11:29:00PM ET

Georgia Senate Results Seat 1 »

96% of Expected Vote Reporting

CandidatePartyTotal VotesPct.
D. Perdue*Rep.2,135,20150%
J. OssoffDem.2,126,08150%

*Incumbent

Georgia Senate Results Seat 2 »

96% of Expected Vote Reporting

CandidatePartyTotal VotesPct.
R. WarnockDem.2,143,41050%
K. Loeffler*Rep.2,117,64550%
Comments
By metmike - Jan. 5, 2021, 11:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Georgia Senate Runoffs: Donald Trump Weighs In With “Voter Dump” Prediction As Final Results To Come

https://deadline.com/2021/01/georgia-senate-runoff-tyler-perry-hollywood-lady-gaga-damon-lindelof-results-1234665102/

5th Update, 7:48 PM PT: The down to wire Senate runoffs in Georgia have now got Donald Trump singing his “stop the steal” tune as the GOP looks poised to lose control of the upper chamber.

Simultaneously fighting off a New York Times scoop with claims of “fake news” that VP Mike Pence has told him there is no chance to halt Congress’ electoral college certification tomorrow, the former Celebrity Apprentice host is basically predicting a Republican loss in the Peach State:

Trump’s tweet comes as more votes are expected any minute from the Atlanta suburbs, which leans very heavily towards the Democrats. Based on the math of the around 200,000 votes to come, the New York Times‘ election needle is calling out “Pretty Likely Warnock” and “Leaning Ossoff” for the Democratic challengers against incumbents Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue with 87% of the vote in.

In that vein, The Economist’s data chief G. Elliot Morris has called it for the Dems.

metmike: With totally uncalled for, delusional and divisive  comments like this tonight and recently from President Trump, he is embarrassing himself and obliterating the good things about him in his legacy.

By mcfarm - Jan. 6, 2021, 7:48 a.m.
Like Reply

well anyone here have any thoughts on how we just elected a black racist anti American commy loving fake preacher to the senate? Dems you must be quite proud. Remember the last one we had[sanders???} you know the guy who pondered that Guam was going to tip because we had too many soldiers on one side of the island.....well this guy is far dumber than that. And the other dem candidate running has never had a real job but found time to lie about what he did as an aid to the island tipping fool and found thousands of reason why racism has caused every ill of 2020 including bad dog breath, Just where do we continue to find these people and who exactly is propping them up?

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2021, 11:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Ossoff declares victory with race still uncalled

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/532846-ossoff-declares-victory-thanks-supporters-as-race-still-uncalled

Should his lead hold over Perdue, whose Senate term ended Sunday, Ossoff would be the youngest member of the upper chamber. Democrats would also control the Senate for the next two years following Raphael Warnock's win in Georgia's other runoff on Tuesday.

The Associated Press, which has not yet called the race, noted that 98 percent of the votes cast have been counted.

In a video message shared to YouTube and other platforms, Ossoff said that COVID-19 relief would be at the top of his agenda upon taking office.

"I want to thank the people of Georgia for participating in this election," the 33-year-old said. "Whether you were for me or against me, I will be for you in the U.S Senate."

"Georgia, thank you so much for the confidence that you have placed in me. I am honored, honored by your support, by your confidence, by your trust, and I will look forward to serving in the United States Senate with integrity, with humility, with honor, and getting things done for the people of Georgia," he continued.

By mcfarm - Jan. 6, 2021, 2:22 p.m.
Like Reply

great speech there MM but anyone with a brain is thinking this lib will too busy repaying whoever has been backing this lightweight to pay much attention to the voters of Georgia....he will however have many hours of special thankyou time for Stacey Abrams

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2021, 3:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Whether you like it or not mcfarm, the people of GA have spoken with their legal vote. 

Just like the people of the US spoke CLEARLY with their legal vote when they elected Joe Biden.

By mcfarm - Jan. 6, 2021, 3:54 p.m.
Like Reply

that;s true, but just occasionally it would be nice if some kind of logic backed up a choice....guess he has 1 thing going for him the fake preacher does not...he has not been accused of wife and child abuse yet.