Suggestions
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 25, 2018, 2:03 p.m.

I didn't see a "Suggestions" topic. Maybe I missed it?

I have a suggestion: what about something be added that shows that a post was edited along with the time of that edit? If so and if it were an option, I'd maybe not have edits that are done within a few minutes after the initial post show up as edits because posts often have typos that are fixed immediately.

Another to be considered: what about allowing to quote another post in a reply to that post?

Opinions? Are these good or bad suggestions?

Aside: Mike is a fantastic asset to this BB!

Comments
Re: Suggestions
0 likes
By metmike - May 26, 2018, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment. I have suggested to our web designer that we make visible the post that we are responding to. A few weeks ago, I suggested trying out a threaded format similar to the old forum. 

I don't think that this is going to happen. Right now, I am most concerned with us being able to connect to MarketForum 24 hours a day, every day. 

Also, we MUST have a button for the NTR forum on top. Us traders and market guys may only care about markets but this place is is going to need some NTR help to thrive......maybe to survive.

Regarding the edit button. This and being able to post maps/charts is what I like most about the new forum. We are not going to be able to have specific rules about times of edits or a system set up that could apply it. 

For instance, I could make a weather forecast today that busts badly on Tuesday and go back and edit my Saturday weather post to change it to what actually happened. I would never do that and guys like you would lose faith in my integrity but it is possible to do it. 

I have used the edit button a zillion times to improve upon posts but always on  the same day.

By TimNew - May 27, 2018, 6:54 a.m.
Like Reply

The integrity of the forum depends on us.  And overall,  I think we do a pretty good job.

I think as a group,  we're sharp enough to catch edits that go beyond "typo" corrections.

If someone radically alters the original,  we'll know.. 

By MarkB - May 28, 2018, 2:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I would agree to being able to see the post one is responding to. Sometimes there is so much information covered, that you have to have it open in a different tab so you can go reference to make sure you covered everything. Threading like on the old forum would be a plus. BUt do what you can to keep it going for now.

Haven't been to the NTR section in a couple of months, so I took a scroll down to see how it is. Yep! Same ole thing. So I won't worry about scrolling down too far for a while. It's in a good place.

And Mike, you are doing a wonderful job in managing the forum and making relevant posts as well. Thanks for all your efforts and great info.