Upcoming USDA report
10 responses | 1 like
Started by gfn - Sept. 10, 2019, 5:28 p.m.

USDA will be putting out another S&D report this week this report will be more feild source data instead of farmer based surveys.  I fully expect this to show lower yields, corn stands will be well below last couple years ,  ear weights will be higher than avg. But in future reports they will be lighter than this report and will eventually fall well below normal.  Beans will be well under average  on pod counts and yield  will drop by another bu or two. How much of this will be matched with lack of demand,  is going to tell us the price story . In the end Jan report yields will be 8 to 10 percent lower than last year in corn and beans will be 10 to 15 percent lower.  Hopefully demand can stay at current predicted levels.   Corn make a run at $4.25 level  and Bean the $9.50 level

Comments
By mcfarm - Sept. 10, 2019, 5:58 p.m.
Like Reply

I was in the camp for the market to notice 20m PP acres. I was in the camp for the usda to not come out with 6m more corn acres than any of the last 6 years. I was in the camp with about as few corn acres dented for this date since God knows when. I was in the camp for beans being this late for this date would dictate some nervous energy, Let me say I have been wrong for nearly 2 months and tired.

By metmike - Sept. 10, 2019, 6:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks gfn/mcfarm!

Karen Braun@kannbwx

Trade expectations for U.S. Crop Production, which USDA will publish on Thursday. #Corn yield seen down 2.3 bpa, 

#soybeans down 1.3 from USDA's Aug numbers. 

Corn production is seen falling 1.6%, soybeans 2.8%.

By metmike - Sept. 10, 2019, 6:54 p.m.
Like Reply

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2019, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

https://release.nass.usda.gov/reports/crop0919.txt

Corn Production Down 1 Percent from August Forecast Soybean Production Down 1 Percent Cotton Production Down 3 Percent
By metmike - Sept. 12, 2019, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx

·

USDA/NASS estimates of yield for U.S. #corn and #soybeans both come in lower than in August, but above trade estimates. Acreages were unchanged.

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2019, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

@kannbwx

U.S. ending stocks for #soybeans come in below trade guesses on increased old-crop exports and a smaller harvest. #Corn came in a little higher, as old-crop exports were reduced. New-crop corn and bean exports unchanged. #Wheat came in as expected, exports unchanged.

By WxFollower - Sept. 12, 2019, 1:01 p.m.
Like Reply

How did cotton come in vs expectations? Why is CT up so much today? It was already up sharply before the report, it sold off some right after the release, and now it is higher and near the high of the day. Thanks in advance.

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2019, 4:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

The crop report showed a cut of 3% vs the August report but that had to be expected considering the massive drop in crop conditions.

I was actually thinking that it was the deteriorating crop condition which was responsible. This had to be expected but the updated drought monitor that is updated early Thursday increased the drought in the south, especially in TX, which as you know grows over 1/3rd of the crop.

I will start a cotton thread on this.

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2019, 11:51 a.m.
Like Reply

@kannbwx

This map helps visualize the year-on-year change in U.S. #corn production by state, using USDA's latest forecast. Huge hole in the Eastern Belt - output is down 800 million bushels in Illinois, Indiana, & Ohio alone. Supplies in minor southern areas should be up big on the year.

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2019, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

@kannbwx

·

U.S. output of #soybeans is projected down 20% from last year (911 million bushels). No surprise to see production down YOY in almost every state. Harvested area down 14% on the year and yield down 7% combine for the smallest crop since 2013.