Who got rain
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - July 16, 2019, 12:23 p.m.

This is from unreliable sources so take it witha grain of salt

MM will be a much better information source

Looks to me as if the western corn belt was hit and miss from the remments of Barry

On the eastward side the green moved up most of the way into Ill and surrounding areas but no reports of rain or no rain

The Great Lakes had two systems coming to gether

As on said it just sort of disappeared where it was needed

Our area had some rain east and west of us

In the midddle where we are we got the side walk wet Fsst

To nite is our best hope

The red and orange started out slow, north and south of the Great Lakes but then was fast moving and then disappeared

NE IA got some good rain. IA is said to be able to hold on for a good 10 days, for the most part

Lower Mich got some good rain, I think according to the radar

Tassels have been out in the west for some days now and more coming every day

ILL has some pockets of excellent corn

IA and Kansas has the most good corn and Neb. can irrigate a lot of crop. Ill will surprise with their crop

However a lot of June planted crop at risk of frost

Comments
By metmike - July 16, 2019, 1:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Here ya go Wayne!

Last 24 hour precip top map

Last 7 day precip below that

https://www.wunderground.com/maps/precipitation/daily

Not as much rain from Barry as expected.

By metmike - July 16, 2019, 1:26 p.m.
Like Reply

You can go to this link to see precipitation totals from recent time periods:

https://water.weather.gov/precip/

Go to precipitation, then scroll down to pick a time frame. Hit states to get the borders to see locations better. Under products, you can hit "observed" or "Percent of normal"      

By metmike - July 16, 2019, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

You can get the rest of the weather here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/34716/

By mcfarm - July 16, 2019, 2:20 p.m.
Like Reply

what a sad joke. All week the mets warned and warned..."watch out on the east side of the storm....it will be heavy rain there"...these kind of predictions when mother nature is in control are the most frustrating..1.8 as far north and west of the storm in west central Iowa...east side equals squat

By metmike - July 16, 2019, 2:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Very interesting to see the circulating bands of showers going counterclockwise around the remnants of Barry this afternoon.........the center of which, looks like its right around St. Louis here in the early afternoon on Tuesday. 

Less than forecast in most places but we've had a couple of welcome heavy  downpours here the last 24 hours.:

Central Great Lakes sector loop
Go to: Most Recent Image

By wxgrant - July 16, 2019, 5:09 p.m.
Like Reply

We have had lots of 2 and 3 inch amounts in our area with a few isolated amounts over 5 inches. The heavy bands were very narrow. The radar estimates were pretty good but did under estimate some compared to actual measurements. 

By metmike - July 17, 2019, 7:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Got  a total of .91 in my backyard.from several downpours spaced hours apart. Very welcome ahead of this heat,

By tjc - July 17, 2019, 9:08 a.m.
Like Reply

A lousy .2---NC Ill

By mikempt - July 17, 2019, 10:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Come to Valley Forge pa!! we had a drenching thunderstorm last evening. They are calling for drenching rains again this evening. For the year 2019,we are ten inches over.

The Amish Lancaster County corn looks textbook perfect. 

By mcfarmer - July 17, 2019, 11:18 a.m.
Like Reply

Could not have scripted a better rain here in NW Iowa.

Right at an inch over 6-8 hours. All the corn is now tasseled and silking, about a week behind but with a 2 week planting delay that is acceptable.

Overall aside from the planting delay this whole season has been perfect. Any prevent plant around here is on farms that are under equipped to begin with. Some farms just barely get things done in a normal year, this year that came back to bite them.

The beans just haven’t taken off like the corn has, just not enough plant out there to utilize the sunlight I think. I plant 8 inch rows and they are flowering nice, the wider row widths I don’t think will get the row covered. I also upped the population due to the lateness of planting, hopefully that will make up for the reduced plant size.

We finally finished first cutting hay a week ago, very late. Record production however, whole farm making 3.39 tons/acre in one cutting. With this rain I would expect a good second cutting, might not have time for a third.

By Jim_M - July 17, 2019, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

I couldn't tell you how much we got, but the rain came down hard for about an hour or so in my little corner of NE Ohio.  It's currently raining now, as well.There won't be any dust here for a week or so.