December Corn Gann Chart
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by tallpine - July 14, 2019, 7:39 p.m.

Comments
By metmike - July 14, 2019, 8:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks tallpine!  Perfect time for that chart!

By silverspiker - July 14, 2019, 10:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Hello,   and thank you my kind sir...... I am not currently  trading,...... but .... sweet corn chart , however.......

By tjc - July 15, 2019, 9:26 a.m.
Like Reply

TallPine

Thank you for great chart.

Today corn may struggle, but tomorrow may be a buying opportunity.

Please continue to update and repost as this summer moves forward.

By wglassfo - July 15, 2019, 10:40 a.m.
Like Reply

Always good to get every perspective possible

I don't know if corn in Ontario will respect the charts as the basis may be our guiding light

Today our closest end user is offering to buy the tail end of old crop corn [Oct. 1-15 delivery time frame] for 6.93 cash price [CAD}

Even with a 74 cent loonie that is a huge basis [as per normal]

We should also note that Ontario had a bumper 2018 corn crop, but one would think those with little to very little 2019 corn available will hold corn over to the 2019 corn sale price. In Ontario we have many folks with farm bins that can hold corn for more than 12  months. We have done it for 20 months

2020 price has not reached the lofty heights as of yet but every month until 2021 crop is available has a 6 in front of the month

I have raised my estimate of total corn acres  planted to 25% of total but most fields were boot high or the best was waist high and precious few were waist high , as of our 4 hr journey to see the grand children

I did find a 20 mile stretch of good corn during our 4 hr round trip 

Most beans did not have the ground covered in 15" rows with some large bare spots [I don't know what happened as water did not do the damage on higher ground 30-40% would be good or better for beans with 10% corn good or better

The biggest problem with corn is how late this crop will mature and frost possible or very possible. We can't use it all for silage corn

Our corn is heat stressed every day with larger spots showing every day. This is not unusual as July usually does a number on us.

What the heck, everybody can't expect to grow 250 bu corn/acre, although if we could have got some rain this yr [on our farms] might have come close. But it just wasn't meant to be.

Yield will depend on when the rain comes, although these newer varieties will yield with some stress. Much better than yrs ago and of course the carbon in the air helps.

1st plant sweet corn for fresh market harvest has the cob formed and small kernels. Might have to irrigate if we miss this coming mid week rain on staggered, later planting for harvest and sale, which usually ends on labour day. Sweet corn has been popping tassels all over, for a week or longer.