I made 13.67 in stocks last month...
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 6, 2018, 6:18 p.m.

Honest to goodness,  when I add up the balances in the accounts (401k and other)  I've accumulated over the years,  my net increase for April was 13.67.  That's  a vast improvement over Feb and Apr but pales in comparison to Jan and 2017...  

There are two things, IMO, working very much against equities right now.  

1.) the Bond yields are finally kicking in.  We have inflation concerns and bonds react.

2.) and most important, Trump is scaring the crap out of equity investors with his trade war talk.  This makes the bond yields very attractive..

In favor of equities are the massively impressive earnings reports. In an environment where the expectations were highly optimistic,  earnings beat expectations roughly 78% of the time.  It was a stellar earnings season.

I think when the Trade war scare subsides,  and it will,  we are going to see  a massive bull market.  I remain a buyer.

Comments
By metmike - May 6, 2018, 9:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

Congrats on your recent success. What you state makes good sense. 

By Richard - May 7, 2018, 7:38 a.m.
Like Reply

we will see a massive bull market in stocks that take the dow to min. 40,000, but I think the two reasons stocks are not going up at this point in time is 1) the reduced rates on the money supply 2) trumps threats of a real war with Iran causing a huge spike in oil.