Spy Agency Veterans Horrified by Trump
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - May 25, 2019, 11:42 a.m.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-barr-russia-declassification-intelligence-veterans-react-2019-5

I know.  I should stop complaining.  We knew we elected a vengeful insecure man.  I should just get over it.

Comments
By metmike - May 25, 2019, 12:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Transparency, when it results in damage to those who have never had to be held accountable for their actions, will result in exactly this response. I am waiting to see what us tax payers paid for, the work that these investigators did for us before passing judgment but their reaction, is making me increasingly suspicious.

In what universe would these human beings be infallible saints that have never done anything wrong and don't have political bias or preferences or anything to hide.

In what universe, after they acted inappropriately........if they did,  would they not respond exactly as they are now?

You can believe the ludicrous "national security secrets" bs if you want. 

I am for transparency.

1. Release the 480 page Mueller report as they did.(you were for that) we did that, it was a good thing. 

2. Release the extraordinarily relevant information about the investigation itself. We NEED to know. 

3. While we're at it, release the information about the Clinton email investigation. Why has that one not been given the transparency of the Mueller report that was released as requested? 

Let the facts speak for themselves and only transparency and access to the facts, based on work that tax payers paid for, done by people that are paid by us, using laws that were made to protect us can provide that. 

If they did nothing wrong, like with Trump being exonerated of colluding with Russia by the 35,000,000 investigation, then they have nothing to worry about. And we are getting this information at a cost of  $34,900,000 less than the Mueuller investigation.................wouldn't that be strange if actual crimes were found so cheaply?

By metmike - May 25, 2019, 12:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Actually, since we got the Mueller report on Russia, we should also have released  to the public all the Russian interference reports from the intelligence agencies that were given to Obama during his presidency.

I can see there being the need for redacted portions in these reports(similar to redacted portions in the Mueller report) to protect sensitive information but our intelligence agencies have been tracking and reporting on Russia's interference for decades............we were just never told about it. 

But to be fair and transparent  and in order to understand the big picture, which would include the long history of Russian interference, we should not be given the false illusion that it suddenly started in 2016. Give us ALL the facts, not just the ones that paint the picture which conveys a biased view based on a snapshot in time, at the expense of revealing a much bigger reality. 

By mcfarm - May 25, 2019, 6:49 p.m.
Like Reply

when I read "spy agencies horrified by trump"....I read  Comey. clapper brennan, struyck. page and all the rest of the 7th floor on the fbi building along with those fbi agents listed better be damned horrified

By joj - May 25, 2019, 7:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump isn't a Russian agent.  But he might as well be.  He's destroying our defense institutions.

By metmike - May 25, 2019, 9:56 p.m.
Like Reply

"Trump isn't a Russian agent.  But he might as well be.  He's destroying our defense institutions."

United States Department of Defense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Defense

"the DoD's stated mission is to provide "the military forces needed to deter war and ensure our nation's security".

joj,

I thought that you liked some of his policies in this area?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/30277/

Another Thing I like About Trump            

Started by joj - May 16, 2019, 7:23 a.m.            

"I could go on and on about all the things I dislike about Trump and the way he is ruining our country.

But today, I will mention something I REALLY like about him.  It is reported in the Washington Post today that he is resisting the march to war with Iran that Bolton and Pompeo are pushing for.  The report suggests he got angry with them for getting way ahead of the president on this.  Some minor attacks on Saudi oil vessels by allies of Iran in their proxy war in Yemen are being blamed on Iran by the White House hawks.  Trump, while blustery in his rhetoric, is showing restraint on the US habit of stupid foreign involvement.  

That is a good thing."

By joj - May 26, 2019, 6:04 a.m.
Like Reply

If only he wasn't out to demoralize and destroy the FBI.  Imagine our men and women in the field trying to get intel on foreign soil.  Why would anyone trust Americans when they know that our president will declassify material in order to go after his political enemies.   The man is dangerous.

By mcfarm - May 26, 2019, 7:25 a.m.
Like Reply

this derangement syndrome thing is really annoying as hell. Sometimes you just want to shake these people silly, but they already are silly. Its all nearly out now, The 7th floor guys at the FBI spent years trying to hang Trump because why? They did not like him. Hil was supposed to win. If Hil is charged she cannot win. Lets blame it all on Trump. And 3 years later its Trumps fault.

By GunterK - May 26, 2019, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

you wrote   "Trump isn't a Russian agent.  But he might as well be.  He's destroying our defense institutions."

In the history of mankind, the first line of defense for any (non-nomadic) community has always been a fortified wall. Then comes a mobile military force. to take the fighting away from the community. 

Who is preventing Trump from protecting our borders?

By metmike - May 26, 2019, 5:59 p.m.
Like Reply

If only he wasn't out to demoralize and destroy the FBI.  Imagine our men and women in the field trying to get intel on foreign soil. "

I believe you have that exactly backwards joj. 

When Trump was running for president in 2016, was this part of his platform? No. He had no reason to think there was a problem.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, did the intelligence community spy on him and were they gathering information to use to investigate him for something that he didn't do to destroy him? Yes. 

For 2.5 years, was there an investigation into Trump for something that he did not do? Yes

Did 95% of the constant media stories on this, the dems and celebrities insist that he criminally colluded with Russia during this time? Yes

Did the intelligence community, including those at the top that knew, ever once defend his innocence during that time? No, 

In fact, during that time and after it, Comey, Clapper and Brennan have been trashing Trump week in and out, proving to us that they are absolutely NOT unbiased.  If recent events are what caused them to change so drastically and viciously, then previous events during their careers would have also affected them. ........and they clearly could never be trusted as objective. 

Are these the kind of people that we want running our FBI and DOJ?

Let's say they went by the book and this is just a right wing conspiracy theory and Trump trying to get revenge. The ONLY way that we can possibly know is if they declassify the documents. This is being twisted into "Trump is trying to cover things up" or "Trump is trying to take the heat off Russia involvement" or "This will ruin the DOJ"

How is releasing the actual redacted information about what happened anything other than transparency? If the DOJ/FBI acted ethically and appropriately ................they will look good and Trump will look bad. The facts are the facts. 

A case is being made that Trump is trying to make them look bad. Of course he is. He is one of the few people that actually knows the facts and only his loyal flock will believe anything he says. The other side is contradicting everything that Trump says and their loyal flock is believing everything they say. 

The reaction ahead of the release of the indisputable facts tells us how this is likely to go. One side is enthusiastically pushing for it, the other side is vehemently objecting and making up all sorts of lame excuses for why the American people should not get the indisputable facts.............that our taxes paid for and those people at the top have NEVER been held accountable for, even as they now are being exposed for having bias by their behavior(Comey leaked confidential information to the NYT for instance).

Trump is not trying to destroy the FBI, he is doing the FBI and American people a huge favor if the ones leading are corrupt and he exposes them. Do you want corrupt top level FBI leaders?  How else can we know?

They have been above the law for decades.............until now. If they followed the law, Trump will look really bad and they will shine. 

We know that Trump would not do this unless he knows what happened(he was there) and he wants it exposed. Nothing else makes sense. 

All this spinning to turn this into Barr being corrupt and Trump being a traitor doing something to hurt our justice department/FBI is complete baloney.

Let's see the facts. We have a right to see the facts to know the truth to stop the spinning, manufactured facts, and fake news. 

By metmike - May 26, 2019, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

"Why would anyone trust Americans when they know that our president will declassify material in order to go after his political enemies."

Would it be best to continue to have corrupt Americans leading our FBI and DOJ and allow for blatant abuses, violating the rights of American citizens to continue..............so that other countries will think more highly of us?

This isn't Trump going after his political enemies on the sly(like the  IRS was doing in 2013 to mostly conservative groups)

"IRS Apologizes For Aggressive Scrutiny Of Conservative Groups"

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/27/560308997/irs-apologizes-for-aggressive-scrutiny-of-conservative-groups

(or how Nixon blatantly abused this to his demise)

Trump is being up front. No sneaky spying(like what happened to him). Just release the facts please and let us decide. 

Are they his enemies?

What would you call somebody that spies on you(illegally?) then investigates you for being a traitor for 2.5 years for crimes that you did not commit. 

If his enemies broke the law, then it doesn't matter if they are enemies or not, referring to it as "his political enemies" suggests he's only doing it for political reasons.

No, the democrats (and justice department) have the franchise for going after their enemies for purely political reasons with investigation after investigation  after investigation.

How ironic that they now accuse Trump of doing what we all know they are best known for doing.

Maybe I'm missing something but when I think about one party, over the last 2.5 years, this is what stands out to me. 

1. Blocking Trumps agenda.

2. Investigating Trump, making him look bad and impeaching him. 

3. Losing an election and focusing on Russian interference the entire time since then

4. Possible infrastructure bill that could get passed but Pelosi taunts and baits Trump to intentionally enrage him to employ, what appears to be a very strange strategy to get him to reject it so she can blame Trump and make him look bad.....................which goes back to #2, which is a MUCH higher priority then passing legislation that would benefit the American people.........because #s1-3 are all politics and power. 

By metmike - May 26, 2019, 6:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

Agree that defending our own borders should be the #1 priority and of our elected officials that get paid good money to act in the best interest of the American people vs playing political power games.

By silverspiker - May 27, 2019, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

.... are you a double secret , spy agent who  bugged a secret coup of the U.S. presidency  ???

---- COOL   

P.S.   .... the manure spreader is getting deeper in the swamp....

By mcfarmer - May 27, 2019, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply

I worry more about his talk of pardoning the people being tired for crimes while in a war zone. It took a long time for our military to recover from Vietnam Nam.

But Hillary !

By TimNew - May 27, 2019, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Pardoning people for being tired for crimes in Vietnam Nam?  Huh?

You mean this Trump pardon?

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/05/07/trump-pardons-former-us-soldier-who-killed-iraqi-prisoner/

"Behenna was convicted of unpremeditated murder in a combat zone after killing a suspected al-Qaida terrorist in Iraq. He was paroled in 2014 and had been scheduled to remain on parole until 2024."

Are you familiar with the facts in this case? Are you talking about another one?

By mcfarmer - May 27, 2019, 10:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Separate thoughts trains  are indicated by a period.

There are several soldiers trump is said to be considering pardons for, some not even convicted yet.

Most military legal opinions I have read think this is a bad precedent. But, sometimes  it seems playing to his base is more important to him than what is good for the country.

Since the 70s the US military has tried to develop a professional mindset. Stabbing teenagers in the throat with a favorite hunting knife wouldn’t seem to be carrying that forward.

I’m sure Hillary did worse.

By mcfarm - May 28, 2019, 7:02 a.m.
Like Reply

you have heard of Benghazi? correct? Although she did not hold a weapon her and Obama's hands might as well held the weapons and fired on those brave guys defending that horrid place. 

spare us the "poor put upon Hil" sarcasm, she has not gotten near what she deserves 

By TimNew - May 28, 2019, 7:17 a.m.
Like Reply

I don't now why you continue to bring Hillary into this,  but if you insist on speaking in vague generalities,  I don't know why you'd bother.  Are there specific cases?