Julie has resigned her position as MarketForum moderator. We wish her well and hope that she decides to stay connected here.
I have been offered the job and had numerous conversations with Kate McCallum.
I am in contact with the web page designer and we have identified all the technical problems of this site.
1. The slow loading of everything is a result of the excessive ads on this site. A company called Investing Channel decides on how many and what ads are here. We will be having a conversation with them on Tuesday morning to make adjustments. I counted 29 ads with an ad blocker. Wow! After I figure out what's reasonable, we will reduce that to just a fraction.
2. Posts/text being lost to the Twilight Zone before they are sent. This is being caused by the excessive ads too. When they reload, sometimes they cause the page to reload. This WILL be fixed.
3. Previously, if you were not logged in, it would not take you to the log in page(so you didn't know you were not logged in). This has been fixed.
4. We are going to get rid of the "likes" button. When Alex was having me test the new site, I showed him the flaws of this(you can rack up 200 likes in 30 seconds if you want) and MarketForum is not a popularity contest.
5. I love the edit button.
6. Please respond to this post, regarding other issues that you may be having. We will address them. It may not be possible to go back to the old forum format(which I liked) and just separate NTR and TR posts but I am suggesting that.
7. A temporary solution to losing long posts like mine iis to post them quickly before you're done, then go to edit to finish it. This lessens the risk of losing all of it because the ads function reloaded.
8. You all know me as metmike the operational meteorologist and trader from 17 years of posting here. I have stated some very strong opinions based on my views of things like Climate Change. In real life, I am extremely tolerant of others views and as MarketForum moderator, if I choose to take the position, my model was and will be Alex. Many of you did not know where Alex was on the political spectrum but he was VERY liberal. I will always stay neutral and Trump bashing posts are allowed.
9. Vandy....................here is your apology for telling everyone what Alex's nickname was for you. In my new position, I have to take the high road at all times and revealing this was unacceptable.
10. Traffic on this site has died because of the many problems. I'm going to try to revive MarketForum. This means encouraging NTR's as well as TR posts. Heated discussions are a given here but please try to be civil. I will likely not intervene unless there is blatant abuse and then the abuser will get a nice email from me. The last thing a dead forum needs is banned posters.
11. I really look forward to the possibility of increasing traffic here IF I'm able to be your new moderator.
Please don't use the contact moderator button yet. There currently is no moderator of MarketForum.
We have removed all the ads so MarketForum should be much faster and posts should no longer get lost.
Our webpage designer, Chris Nellis from MHZ computers is really a sharp guy. He was unaware of all our issues this year. As soon as he found out, he has been on top of getting them resolved. You should already find MarketForum to be MUCH more user friendly.
However, there is still a 26 second delay after hitting the submit button that I've notified him of.
Got the first taste of the power of being moderator (-:
Deleted the post of one of the pests that have been advertising adult(porno) sites here the past 24 hours and banned them.
Nothing against people looking at other naked people performing in front of a camera............but it ain't happenin here!