Stocks - Fade Bullish Earnings?
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - April 22, 2018, 7:22 p.m.

I can't recall the street being more unanimous about anything.  "Earnings will be amazing!"  Indeed they have been.  So why isn't the market flying?  Kinda like the short side with stops over recent highs.  Long term no opinion either way.

Comments
By Richard - April 22, 2018, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

In my opinion as long as M2 is acting like dog do-do, stocks can not go to new highs. Another thing that nobody is talking about, Trump said he is NOT going to sign the Iran deal again, which needs to be signed every 6 months. That date is only 3 weeks away. Is it possible that we could be on the verge of a major war? I am not saying yes, but some clarification needs to be made by Trump before stocks can go to new highs. I mean, you must take Trump at his word and 3 weeks is so soon.

By joj - April 22, 2018, 10:39 p.m.
Like Reply

"Take Trump at his word?"...  Are you kidding?  He even contradicts himself in the same breath.

By Richard - April 23, 2018, 10:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Whether Trump is truthful or not, the markets like clarification and do not like confusion, and Trump is creating confusion with saying he is not signing the Iran deal in 3 weeks. Would you agree with that statement?

By joj - April 23, 2018, 12:29 p.m.
Like Reply

He has said that about the Iran deal previously and taken the back door of letting it continue.  I really can't make a guess what he will do.  

By Richard - April 23, 2018, 10:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Whether Trump is truthful or not, the markets like clarification and do not like confusion, and Trump is creating confusion with saying he is not signing the Iran deal in 3 weeks. Would you agree with that statement?

By Lacey - April 23, 2018, 2:17 p.m.
Like Reply

People are paused awaiting a decision on a possible war.  North Korea seems to have cooled down significantly. Syria undecided as yet.  Tax changes and foreign money repatriation are one time boosts.

By TimNew - April 23, 2018, 6:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Stocks are up ~2.5% in the last 30 days.  

By TimNew - April 25, 2018, 6:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Hope you acted on this. If you did,  you had a heckuva payday.  I still maintain that stocks are a good place to be long term right now,  but the daily noise is hard to time. If you can catch that wave you'll be sittin on top of the world.

By Richard - April 25, 2018, 11:15 a.m.
Like Reply

The Stock Market is in a Multi-Decade Bull Market which will not end until the Dow hits 40,000 (Min) to 50,000 (max). Once it hits this target, we will then have a Multi-Decade Bear Market, but that is to far away to talk about. Right now we are in the Bull Market phase and as long as you are buying without leverage and not selling when it looks horrible, you will make money eventually.  

This is how I feel now for what it is worth.

By Lacey - April 26, 2018, 3:37 p.m.
Like Reply

I feel it goes up through Trump's second term. Depending on what he can accomplish, the bull market could continue being a once in a lifetime kind of change to get ahold of debt problems and how great he makes America again. If he is a one term president, this probably all gets unwound quickly.