Kentucky BBQ restaurant slammed for 'LGBTQ' shirts
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 19, 2019, 1:15 p.m.

Kentucky BBQ restaurant slammed for 'LGBTQ' shirts deemed offensive

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/kentucky-bbq-restaurant-lgbtq-shirts

"A Kentucky barbecue joint is facing serious blowback after some of their merchandise has been deemed inappropriate and offensive to the LGBTQ community.

Belle's Smoking BBQ, which operates out of a food truck based in Williamstown, Ky., promoted their new t-shirts on social media this week, which are emblazoned with the slogan, "I support LGBTQ - Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump, BBQ."

Comments
By silverspiker - April 19, 2019, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

......    some of the best advertising I've ever seen.... I am so sick and tired of people infringing on my rights as a United States citizen....  I don't care what anybody does behind closed doors ... but when people try to acquire more rights than I have; and basically make laws that infringe on my rights and take away my freedoms and liberty.... f-off

By metmike - April 19, 2019, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

"LGBTQ groups condemn Trump administration’s campaign to end criminalization of homosexuality worldwide as stunt"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/lgbtq-groups-condemn-trump-administrations-campaign-to-end-criminalization-of-homosexuality-worldwide-as-stunt

"But this month, triggered by the Iranian execution, the Trump administration – spearheaded by the openly gay U.S Ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell – announced a new initiative aimed at bringing an end to the criminalization of homosexuality worldwide.

“The United States continues to work to protect and defend human rights for all. Governments have an obligation to ensure that all people can freely enjoy the universal human rights and fundamental freedoms to which they are entitled,” a State Department spokesperson told Fox News this week. “Working to advance longstanding U.S. policy around human rights is the kind of work our Ambassadors do all around the world every day.”

"In May last year, Secretary Mike Pompeo mandated that “around the world, far too many governments continue to arrest and abuse their citizens simply for being lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex (LGBTI).”

UN CHIEF: HUMAN RIGHTS ARE LOSING GROUND IN THE WORLD

“Fear and bigotry are enshrined in laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct in more than 70 countries,” he continued. “In some, being LGBTI is punishable by death.  We use public and private diplomacy to raise human rights concerns, provide emergency assistance to people at risk, and impose visa restrictions and economic sanctions against those who persecute them.”

Officials are reported to still be in the early stages of developing the campaign’s multi-pronged strategy, which is set to focus on pressuring countries to change their laws.

“The truth for LGBT people is that we were born gay,” Grenell wrote in an editorial this month for German publication Bild. “People can disagree philosophically about homosexuality, but no person should ever be subject to criminal penalties because they are gay.”

metmike: Even when Trump takes the same position of those that oppose him...............they find a new reason to oppose the position that he agrees with them on.

Seriously!

In other words, Trump has been labelled by one side as anti........fill in the blank-_________(gay, black, Hispanic)  to make him the target of hatred for all those groups. 

When he does things like the above, or makes an appeal to black voters for instance............his ACTIONS are never believed because the words of his opponents(led by the MSM) have brainwashed them so their cognitive bias won't allow their brains to see realities which contradict their belief system.

Trump: I will do everything I can to protect our LGBTQ citizens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMnoa8dLw8

So why is this action above by Trump a publicity stunt?

By silverspiker - April 19, 2019, 1:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Just by knowing quite a bit about Trump's history and background... the dude is a Centrist  Libertarian.... I hate label Politics as much as the next person.... he and I have no reason to hate the LBGTQ ABC XYZs'...

.... just don't tread on my rights on the way through ....

By metmike - April 19, 2019, 1:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Well said SS!

I believe that you may have missed what could be your favorite post here ever:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27886/