What % of people like cats? How about dogs?
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 17, 2019, 2:02 a.m.
Comments
By metmike - April 20, 2019, 2:56 p.m.
Like Reply

In war of dogs vs. cats, the winner is clear

https://www.today.com/news/war-dogs-vs-cats-winner-clear-wbna34746139

"Clearly, there are dog people and there are cat people. But it's not much of a contest: 74 percent of people like dogs a lot, and only 41 percent like cats a lot.

Cats win the dislike vote handily, according to an Associated Press-Petside.com poll. Fifteen percent of the adults questioned said they disliked cats a lot while the number who said they disliked dogs a lot was just 2 percent."

I didn't really like cats enough to have one for a pet but my son could get one from a friend that couldn't keep their kitten 10 years ago, so my wife and he badgered me to agree.

It's a Siamese cat that is the most vociferous creature on the planet, who has become attached to me. She meows loudly much of the time until I give her attention. This can be irritating, especially when on the phone. She interprets the talking as an invitation to her to stalk me. 

No matter what room that I go to with the phone, she'll follow, meowing loudly the entire time.

The best thing about cats is they don't need to go outside to relieve themselves several times a day. You can go on vacation for a week, leaving them with a clean liter box and tons of  food/water and they are just fine..............though not happy with you when you get back.

We have a 3 year old cockapoo that is the sweetest, most loving, enthusiastic creature that ever lived. She sleeps with my wife and is her shadow. When Deb, is gone to work, she just lays in her chair all day, moping, No eating or drinking, just laying in the chair.  Then late in the day, she gets up high on the couch to see out the window and will start her vigil, watching for signs of Deb's car coming up the driveway.

I know when Deb is home because Macy starts going nuts, yelping and running in circles in front of the door. This is the best time of day for both of us. I let Macy out and she jumps all over Deb as soon as she gets out of the car..........all exited for several minutes before calming down. 

Just watching this, from my vantage point is sort of like watching the joyous reunion between 2 great friends that had not seen each other for a long time..............in this case 12 hours.

When Deb is out of town its so sad. Poor Macy doesn't understand and is depressed............but the excitement upon her return is even more exuberant than usual. 

By metmike - April 20, 2019, 2:59 p.m.
Like Reply