"Innocent"? Yeah Right.
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - March 27, 2019, 1:41 p.m.

Trump publicly welcomed the support of an enemy into our political process.  (something no other US president has done)

Trump lied during the campaign and after about business ties to Russia.

That enemy worked to help get him elected.

Trump rewarded them with attacks on our democracy.

Trump rewarded them by calling the EU the enemy and helping Russia by degrading our NATO alliance.  (Putin giggling over that one)  

Humiliated our entire country by taking Putin's word over our intelligence in front of the entire world. (Helinski)

Add to that all the criminals in his administration who lied for 2 years about everything Russia.

Guilty of a crime that was provable in court?  Perhaps not.  Innocent?  Good Lord man take off your blinders!!!

Comments
By metmike - March 27, 2019, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

I appreciate your passion and have no question that you are completely convinced of all those things and that Trump, because he is such a horrible person should always be assumed guilty on everything where there is any suspicion.

I agree 100% with you joj..................on one thing. That Trump is a horrible person with regards to his blatant personality flaws and for sure did some questionable things in the past. Paying a prostitute and lying about it is one of them. 

If he was a private citizen, I would give him less tolerance for cheating on his wife and so on. However, he is our legally  elected president that we hired to do a job for our country.  The best thing, by a wide margin for our country  is to allow him to do the great job he has been doing, in the absence of evidence to charge him with a crime while doing this job............... instead of blocking him, always, every single time to the detriment of our country because we hate his guts and can't see it any other way.

Sad that millions of people and the MSM were so disappointed to find out that our president did not collude with Russia. It was bad news to them.

"Dang, Trump was innocent, now we can't impeach him"

When the stock market drops or there is a negative story about the economy. We can count on the Trump haters to quickly post.

When there is good news about the economy, those same people are quiet and the other side posts. All those stories are relevant and should be posted, so in this case that's good but we should note the clear bias.

By metmike - March 27, 2019, 3:42 p.m.
Like Reply

What makes Russia "the enemy"?

Do the people over there hate us?

Do the people over there chant "death to America!"

Do they have terrorists that bomb us or agenda's to hurt  us?

Do they have a fake climate crisis agreement (Accord) designed to wreck our economy and take tens of billions of dollars from us........like our so called allies were trying to do?

Does Putin want to destroy us?  What evidence is there of that.

Defining Russia as "the enemy" is just another example of manufacturing realities that don't exist in order to accomplish a political agenda. 

By joj - March 27, 2019, 5:48 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't hate Trump.  He has never done anything to me personally.

I think he is a horrible president for many reasons.  I know you like him because he is on your side on the climate issue.

I have named a couple of policies of his that I support (although his approach is ham handed)  He is the first president to take on China for unfair trade practices.  Good for Trump!  Why not be a leader and partner with Europe in that goal?  That would greatly strengthen his negotiating position.  No, instead he antagonizes our allies, who happen to be the biggest economic zone in the world.

He has broached the subject that we are involved in too many foreign wars.  I agree with that.  Good for Trump.  Although he zigs and zags.  We are pulling out of Syria.  Mattis leaves.  Wait.  We aren't pulling out of Syria.  

I know your views on the climate issue.  I'm curious if you have any objection to his deregulating any and all polluters for the sake of a tenth of a point on GDP.  I kind of like clean air and water and national parks.

Why do I refer to Russia as an enemy?  Because they are not a democracy and they seek to undermine democracy.  Ok, I don't want war with Russia, and I certainly have nothing against their people.  But Trump slobbers all over dictators and sticks a thumb in the eye of our democratic allies.  Not only do I find that objectionable.  I find it baffling.

I know that presidents get credit for good economies and blamed for bad ones, even though they have little impact in reality.  If the economy continues to hum I suppose we will be stuck with Trump for another 4 years.  

I don't vote my wallet.  I vote my conscience.