Hit and Run
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 25, 2019, 1:21 p.m.

I'm in Detroit for the next week with my 93 year old Dad. My absence the past couple of days was partly planned and partly a surprise. More importantly, we're glad that Tim is ok...........you are ok right Tim?             

Then there's Carl. Are you ok? 

We know that neither of them got the other one mad with a political post and caused them to leave (-:

By metmike - March 25, 2019, 12:58 p.m.            

Tim,.

So glad you are ok!!!

Sorry for not responding sooner. 

After taking 5 teams to the Scholastic Chess of Indiana state championships tournament on Saturday, on my way to Detroit to spend a week+ with my 93 year old Dad, a hit and run, drunk driver totaled my car. 

The reason that we know that he was drunk is that a Good Samaritan witness chased him down and called the cops. 

Finally made it to Detroit to be with Dad this week. 

I've read that the best thing to treat aortic embolism's is posting conservative view points on forum's (-:

Seriously, what is being done to treat this issue?

Comments
Re: Hit and Run
0 likes
By 7475 - March 26, 2019, 6:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Sheesh,Mike,you're having some bad luck with cars.

Glad you are ok.

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

I forgot to actually mention the reason in the opening post. 

My vehicle got smashed up and I needed to get 2 new tires.  I had it towed to a hotel 30 miles away, since it was around 3 am by then, then towed to a tire store the next day. 

This is the guy that did it below:

If the guy that fled the scene had not been chased/caught by a Good Samaritan, I would feel pretty violated as I would have been the victim of a serious crime and the perpetrator would have not been held accountable.

It was actually kind of exciting when the cop came to cover the accident, with me concerned the guy got away and/or he didnt have insurance and he was reporting information that kept improving my situation.

1. The guy pursuing him had called 911 and was right behind him.

2. The cops caught up to him

3. He had  insurance

4. He failed the field sobriety test

5.  He blew 0.108 on the breathalyzer after being taken in

This is the guys name:  Wah Ra Nay Wtoo

Holy Cow, I looked that name up and found this:

https://www.crescent-news.com/crimewatch/booking_photos/ra-nay-wtoo-wah---paulding-county-jail/article_787aa16e-4f27-11e9-ae51-6701bf166bde.html

Ra Nay Wtoo Wah - Paulding County Jail            

Ra Nay Htoo Wah

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 2:22 p.m.
Like Reply

So I'm going to try to contact this 19 year old kid to see where he's coming from.

Maybe he's a good kid that just did a dumb thing and feels really bad about it. 

He's already going to pay a stiff penalty for measuring .108 on his blood alcohol test.............08+ is the threshold for drunk driving. His companion got busted for having weed at that time.

I might as the victim,  consider asking the prosecutor to not file hit and run charges and maybe he will learn an additional lesson of forgiveness and compassion. 

However, he smashed my car up and took off, not knowing if I was injured or not. A witness chased him down and called the cops, who arrested him. If he had seriously injured me, then left without helping me get medical assistance, that is not good.

On the other hand. 

1. He was legally drunk

2. His passenger had weed

I have no doubt  that those factors played a role in his fleeing. His choices were to stay and for sure be arrested or take off and maybe get away and probably I was ok.  When I was that age, maybe I would have done the same thing under those conditions?

What does everybody else think?

BTW, the comment from 7475 related to me totaling our rental car in Colorado, hitting a deer 3 months ago while out to visit our son who was in ICU in Denver. He's doing wonderful with a full recovery.

By JP - March 26, 2019, 8:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Holy Mackerel, Mike. Forgiving the young perp if he seems sorry for what he did would be exceptional on your part. At least one important world religion tells you to forgive him no matter what (for your own salvation); that surely can be a hard row to hoe depending on the circumstances!

By cutworm - March 27, 2019, 10:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Forgive him, yes.  But recompense must be made! Our Father is not just all merciful but also all just.

By JP - March 27, 2019, 11:12 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree, cutworm.