Stock Market (Internal Counter Signal)
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - March 21, 2019, 7:37 p.m.

Today's rally was super impressive.  Period.  Bulls can rightly say the market is on fire.   And ....

It doesn't make any sense to me.  The after-the-fact "news" accounts of today's rally is that the Fed meeting was an unmitigated dovish signal.  "NO RATE INCREASES for the rest of 2019".  Quantitative Tightening is being scaled back (or eliminated)  So much for "data dependent".  Soooo... Why didn't the big rally happen yesterday?  In my 35 years of following markets, I can't remember the market waiting a full day and then reacting to the news.   So, I'm scratching my head on that one (but not getting in front of this thing).

The internal counter signal that I'm picking up is, perhaps, dating me as an old foggie.  I looked at a couple of brokerage stocks.  Normally if the market is rallying, those stocks are also rallying.  Bull markets are good for brokerages.  Take a look at the 6-12 month charts of TD Ameritrade (AMTD), Schwabb (SCHW) and Chicago Merc Exchange (CME).  All of them are in down trends.  

Back in the day that was considered a canary in the coal mine.  Perhaps that isn't so anymore but I'm skeptical.

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!