This day in history March 10, 2019
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 9, 2019, 8:57 p.m.

Check em out and learn about history or remember history or skip past it and stay dumb the rest of your life............just kidding (-:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_10

1933 – The 6.4 MwLong Beach earthquake affects the Greater Los Angeles Area with a maximum Mercalli intensity of VIII (Severe), leaving 115–120 people dead, and causing an estimated $40 million in damage.

1977 – Astronomers discover the rings of Uranus.

Comments
By carlberky - March 9, 2019, 9:24 p.m.
Like Reply

1988 – Andy Gibb, Manx-Australian singer-songwriter and actor (b. 1958)

"He was the younger brother of the Bee Gees: Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb. He came to international prominence in the late 1970s with six singles that reached the Top 10 in the United States, starting with "I Just Want to Be Your Everything" (1977), followed by three other top 20 singles. 

"Gibb's success was brief due to drug addiction and depression. He died just five days after his 30th birthday." 

Out, out, brief candle ...

By metmike - March 9, 2019, 11:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Funny thing about my memory of the Bee Gees. 

I bought a bunch of Bee Gees cassette tapes(and others) for the sound system that I installed in my rusted out, 1972 Ford LTD with 180,000 miles on it, purchased for $100 (the sound system valued at more than that) just before moving to Cincinnati OH to work for WLWT(where I only stayed for 7 months before getting a better job offer here).

Shortly after moving there, in 1982 somebody broke into the car and stole all the cassette tapes. I never got the chance to listen much to those tapes. 

At least that was better than what they did in Detroit. Going to the University of Detroit and parked on a busy street with 6 lanes of traffic, they stole that car and took the wheels/tires. Totaled it hitting the abandaned garage they parked it in to get the tires/rims. 

Put a "kill switch" in after that in all my vehicles.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a9212/thwart-car-thieves-with-a-hidden-kill-switch-15699546/