S&P action
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - March 8, 2019, 4:15 p.m.

Pretty bad non farm number and the S&Ps fought back all day.

Bullish action.  If the market were stronger, I'd be inclined to suspect an announcement on China over the weekend.

Comments
Re: S&P action
0 likes
By TimNew - March 8, 2019, 4:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Funnies don't support the ~2% drop we've seen.   I'm thinking oversold.  

Wage pressure was the best part of that report, BTW

By joj - March 9, 2019, 8:18 a.m.
Like Reply

I almost mentioned that .4% pop in avg hourly wages.  My recollection is that when low income workers finally get a raise after years of recovery, the end of the growth cycle, as well as the stock bull run, is near.

By TimNew - March 9, 2019, 8:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Dunno about that, but wage pressure is a prime motive for the fed to start tightening..

By carlberky - March 9, 2019, 8:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim, some techs look scary. Charts of the indices and unemployment rate show probable topping in the indices.           

By TimNew - March 9, 2019, 11:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Can you elaborate?

By silverspiker - March 9, 2019, 11:36 a.m.
Like Reply

.... dude.... the non-farms do not matter anymore.... we are at "full employment" ....where states are paying people with disabilities under 65 to go back to work and subsidize all of their Medicaire.... 

====================================

DUDE....

the only way to hire somebody else now .....is through WAGE INCREASES to steal them away....

By carlberky - March 9, 2019, 12:45 p.m.
Like Reply

"Can you elaborate?"

Tim, in almost every instance, when the unemployment rate bottums out, the monthly charts of the Indices peaks. Conversely, when the unemployment rate peaks, the monthly chart of the Indices bottoms out.

Hopefully, some techie here might be able to provide a monthly chart of the indice and unemployment rate. Mike the plumber?

0 likes
By becker - March 9, 2019, 5:17 p.m.
Like Reply

This week was a large bearish engulfing candle.

From 1950 – present, this has only happened 3 other times. It was indeed more bearish than bullish for the stock market going forward, but it’s hard to draw conclusions from a sample size of n=3

0 likes
By silverspiker - March 9, 2019, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

.....   new highs comin' up.......   the money is now in the right place......

----   1950's ...........      ttttttppffftttt .... no .......

By silverspiker - March 9, 2019, 9:40 p.m.
Like Reply

..... we call that jerk=jack

0 likes
By silverspiker - March 9, 2019, 10:38 p.m.
Like Reply

..... THE FIRST HOUR OF S$P TRADING COVERS THE WHOLE RANGE OF 1950-1970.......

Image may contain: text that says 'What's the difference between erotic and kinky? Erotic is using a feather... Kinky is using the whole chicken pinierest/meschko'

0 likes
By joj - March 11, 2019, 10:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Bullish action confirmed.