My fortune cookie was right !
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Feb. 19, 2019, 2:26 p.m.

Good thing that I always check my SPAM mail, because I found one from Publishers Clearing House, informing me that my email was picked and I won $850,000 !

How lucky can I get !!! Would you believe ... I never even sent in an email !!!

Comments
By JP - Feb. 19, 2019, 7:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Do you have a fairy godmother? Maybe she sent it.

By carlberky - Feb. 19, 2019, 9:18 p.m.
Like Reply

No fairy godmother, John, but I did have a Genii who granted me three wishes.

1) a long life.

2) good looks.

3) expertise in financial markets.

Two out of three ain't bad.

By JP - Feb. 19, 2019, 9:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Reminds me of a short story by science fiction / fantasy writer Phillip Jose Farmer. He told the story of two men who were mortal enemies. One of the men somehow summoned a genie who granted him the standard three wishes -- but with a condition: whatever he asked for himself he'd get, but the guy he hated would get twice as much of the same thing!

So this guy spent several days trying to figure out what to ask for. It drove him crazy, for example, thinking that if he asked for a billion dollars, his enemy would get two! But finally he decided on his three wishes:

1. He wanted to have so much money he could afford to do or buy anything he wanted for the rest of his life.

2. He wanted to meet an absolutely beautiful woman who would be completely faithful to him, and for her to become his wife.

3. He wanted this future wife to expect and be satisfied with having exactly the same amount of sex he wanted.