china chatter
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Feb. 11, 2019, 11:19 a.m.

rumor mill talk is China is about done with beans until summer and will be heavy into corn....kind of a surprise has many had China simply taking a holiday break on buying beans.

Comments
By Jim_M - Feb. 11, 2019, 4:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Swine flu reeking havoc and it's been widely publicized that they changed their feed mix so that it had less beans, maybe they just don't need as many.  

Brazil and Argentina are going to have roughly the same combined size crop as last year.  China and US trade talks hitting road bumps....and on and on and on.  

By cliff-e - Feb. 11, 2019, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Old market axiom...Don't sell beans in February.

I talked with farmers from Michigan who tell me a lot of  their beans are going to Canada now for export to China indirectly.  The Chinese want beans but they won't buy directly from the US.

But on the flip side the Chinese are buying farmland in Michigan and recently paid $16000 per acre for some that had no development potential whatsoever. The Chinese  are far from being broke. Fwiw

By mcfarm - Feb. 11, 2019, 7:56 p.m.
Like Reply

one would think a so called very shrewd investor {china} would not be silly enough to pay 16000 /a for average ground in Michigan when the best ground in the world in Iowa does not bring that

By mcfarm - Feb. 11, 2019, 9:24 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.infowars.com/a-chinese-group-plans-to-construct-a-200-acre-china-city-in-michigan/  good Lord Cliff is this what you are referring to? a 200 acre tourist trap? One would of thought you meant tons of good farm land not a joke

By cliff-e - Feb. 11, 2019, 11:17 p.m.
Like Reply

The farmer told me the land purchased was for veggie production but he could be mistaken, misinformed or it's for different property? 200 acres would make for a small town compared to our 640 acre town of  1700 pop. give or take. Or  perhaps it's for a big 6000 to 9000 cow dairy? I'm curious and will ask when I see him again.