The Antisemetic Left
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Feb. 10, 2019, 10:22 a.m.
Comments
By TimNew - Feb. 10, 2019, 10:44 a.m.
Like Reply

It's long been an issue I found curious.  Unfortunately,  I am not able to read the article as I am not a subscriber and have "reached my limit".

By joj - Feb. 10, 2019, 3:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim, 

It brought a smile to my face that you would have read enough NYT articles to reach your limit.

For what it's worth, I read Fox News too.    :)

By mcfarm - Feb. 10, 2019, 5:05 p.m.
Like Reply

the Jewish people voting lock step with the libs in this country is a great mystery . They have now wondered round in this lib desert longer than they wondered in the original desert.....if somebody can explain this behavior please step up

By joj - Feb. 10, 2019, 7:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Jewish people have sympathy for the stranger.  They have been strangers in all lands for 2000 years.  Also, they vote 75% Democratic, not 100%.

July 4th 1776 was a red letter day in Jewish history!

By joj - Feb. 10, 2019, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarm - Feb. 10, 2019, 9:56 p.m.
Like Reply

gee only 75%? that is nearly line with the black vote in the last election and everybody is calling Trump a  racist

By pj - Feb. 11, 2019, 6:59 p.m.
Like Reply

My theory, most Jews supported Labor Unions going way back, maybe because they felt they were being discriminated against by the powers that be (mostly the Right wing?) and hoped the unions could help fight it. Some even supported the Communists, particularly when the Nazis came to power, maybe on the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory. In more recent history it doesn't seem to make much sense, but like religion, seems to perpetuate itself.

By joj - Feb. 12, 2019, 8:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Interesting thoughts pj.

To add to your comment on the Jewish/communist connection.  For a person with traveling papers in Russia before the communist revolution, only a Jewish person would have "Jew" stamped on it.  Along comes this movement promising that all workers will be equal.  This was an appealing prospect for a minority who had regularly been subjected to pogroms by the Czars and the mobs in general.  

I don't know who said it but "If Marx were alive today to see the rights and comforts of the workers under capitalism, he never would have invented communism."