Yet another investigation of Trump admin.
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Feb. 1, 2019, 10:06 a.m.

The federal watchdog for the Department of Labor is conducting a broad investigation into the Trump administration's process for making regulatory changes, following allegations that officials are undoing worker protections without following the proper procedures, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-administrations-rollback-of-worker-protection-rules-is-under-investigation/ar-BBT16oO?ocid=spartandhp

How many does that make now? 17 or 18 on-going? Wow! Incredible!

Comments
By TimNew - Feb. 1, 2019, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Imagine a world, if you will, where the mere mention of an investigation, no matter how baseless or frivolous, amounts to a conviction... {Cue Twilight Zone Theme song} 

Why, I heard that they have done away with protections making it voluntary for workers to join and pay union dues  <GASP>   It's like some [people think these workers can make such important decisions all on their own!!!

By carlberky - Feb. 1, 2019, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply

" ... The federal watchdog for the Department of Labor is conducting a broad investigation into the Trump administration's process for  making regulatory changes, following allegations that officials are undoing worker protections without following the proper procedures ..."

Tim, the rules are in place to protect all the workers, and have nothing to do with individuals making decisions on their own.

By TimNew - Feb. 1, 2019, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Well Carl,  my comment was in direct reference to the uproar heard over the "Union Busting Workers Rights Infringing " scandal where workers were no longer forced to join unions and pay union dues.

But,  I've worked in a lot of manufacturing facilities over the years and the OSHA regulations are a nightmare.  A guy walks by a band saw,  swings his arm into the blade; low and behold, a new regulation  is born which will cost millions of dollars.   The government thinks it can regulate stupidity out of the human race and makes everyone pay for it.   Or maybe, they are just trying to justify their existence.  Either way, it accomplishes nothing and costs much.