Super Bowl
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 1, 2019, 8:56 a.m.

In canada we don't have anything to rival your super bowl. So we watch yours on TV

I was shocked at how meager the cheer leaders make in compensation, consideering a foot ball game just would not be the same with out the cheer leader squad

Many cheer leaders make minimum wage or less considering all the hrs spent doing practice routines and games etc. They are also required for photo shoots. Very few find fame and fortune in modelling or TV commercials etc. Although most hope for a career, most don't make the grade required. My wife and I visited the Dallas Cowboys arena and of course the cheer leader dressing room as it was empty.

I think football fans should engage in a write in to NFL league offices demanding better pay for the cheerleaders. When you consider the amounts paid to some players, the cheer leaders are an indispensable part of the game IMHO

Just for giggles I would want minimum 30,000 starter wage and 5,000 increase each yr remaining on the squad. Plus a signing bonus of 10,000 just in case I only last one yr. These cheer leaders are atheletes that deserve to be paid  something more than current wages. Not everybody can do their thing, although it seems there is a good supply of persons to choose from. This yr there will be two male members. so watch and see if you spot them.

Do you agree with any part of the above post

Did I suggest enough or too much wages

I suppose it is the law of supply and demand but golly, some make less than minimum wage, depending on how you calculate the hrs required in a week. Plus they can be fired if they gain too much weight so they have to stay in shape all yr round, not pull a muscle etc.

Comments
Re: Super Bowl
0 likes
By TimNew - Feb. 1, 2019, 9:38 a.m.
Like Reply

"I suppose it is the law of supply and demand".

That about sums it up.

I knew one of the Bills Cheerleaders way back when...  She just enjoyed it. She was very athletic. Ended up getting injured doing a flip and landing wrong.  Had to stop.

Don't know why they are willing.  Some hope to meet players, and some do. Some hope to get careers. Some do.  Most work till they can't and they all need another form of income.

Re: Super Bowl
0 likes
By silverspiker - Feb. 1, 2019, 6:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Lookin' For A Winner ??? .......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heck, I'm Still Lookin" For That  ....

Image may contain: one or more people, text and outdoor

ROCK ON --- David Essex

^^^^  PUSH  ^^^^

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2019, 8:37 p.m.
Like Reply

2019 Super Bowl odds, line: Rams vs. Patriots picks, optimal predictions from seasoned expert who's 20-6 on L.A. games

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-super-bowl-odds-line-rams-vs-patriots-picks-optimal-predictions-from-seasoned-expert-whos-20-6-on-l-a-games/

Expect to see plenty of fireworks in the 2019 Super Bowl between the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET. Few offenses in the NFL were as efficient as the Rams this season. They finished third in points per drive, while the Patriots ranked eighth in that category. The other side of the ball is a different story. The Rams were just 21st in the league in points given up per drive, while New England was a strong seventh. Vegas has evaluated all of these numbers, and New England is a 2.5-point favorite in the live Patriots vs. Rams odds, up one from where the line opened. Other 2019 Super Bowl odds of note include an over-under of 56 and the Patriots going off at -134 on the money line (risk $134 to win $100). Before locking in any Patriots vs. Rams picks of your own, be sure to get the latest predictions from SportsLine's No. 1 NFL expert, R.J. White.