Right wing activist proves walls don't work
22 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 6:46 a.m.

But luckily boots on the ground and advanced technology is proven to be effective and the illegal is apprehended.

Although the illegal appears to have been released to a sanctuary city of sorts.

Let's see if Laura Loomer attempts to regroup and cross that wall again

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2019, 7:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Car brakes don't work either. Auto accidents remain a leading cause of death.

Lib logic is fun  :-)

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 8:07 a.m.
Like Reply

So you now think cars without brakes would be a better alternative. 

TT  logic seems odd

By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2019, 8:14 a.m.
Like Reply

No,  I was making an analogy between your "walls don't work" and "Brakes don't work"..  It amounts to the same thing.

Walls will never end illegal immigration and brakes won't end auto accidents.  But you'll have less of both.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 9:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Making a bad analogy usally does not help your cause.

By GunterK - Jan. 16, 2019, 10:06 a.m.
Like Reply

"....But luckily boots on the ground....."

alright then..... let's have 2000 miles of boots on the ground 

and these "boots" have to be armed, as the recent violent attacks South of San Diego have shown.... at least with riot gear and tear gas as the first mode of defense...and then...

oh, wait a minute... there is a problem... these violent mobs use women and children as human shields... can't just shoot at them...

how about a strong wall instead? that will keep out at least a good portion of them, if not most of them.

By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2019, 10:22 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL,  calling it a bad analogy does not make it a bad analogy.

Please elaborate..  Why is it a bad analogy?

By mojo - Jan. 16, 2019, 11:34 a.m.
Like Reply

how about a strong wall instead? that will keep out at least a good portion of them, if not most of them.

It may slow them down but won't keep them out. If people are really hellbent on coming here, they will find a way.

By metmike - Jan. 16, 2019, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

"It may slow them down but won't keep them out. If people are really hellbent on coming here, they will find a way."

Laws are just a waste of time then because criminals will eventually just break the law anyway? 

Just like Tim's wonderful analogy with brakes for cars. 

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 2:11 p.m.
Like Reply

a wall to securing the border is dragging your feet to stop a car.

By GunterK - Jan. 16, 2019, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"..a wall to securing the border is dragging your feet to stop a car...."

not at all.... you can't stop a car rolling down a hill by dragging your feet. but a wall would stop a lot of intruders. 

Just recently it was reported that in ONE month alone, on a small stretch of  Texas border, 23,000 border-crossing women and children were apprehended. Had there been a wall, zero women and children would have attempted to cross.

By metmike - Jan. 16, 2019, 2:38 p.m.
Like Reply

I like that analogy "dragging your feet" frey.

Only applied a bit differently in this current discussion:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/to-drag-your-feet

"If you drag your feet or drag your heels, you delay doing something or do it very slowly because you do not want to do it"

Can you guess what side is "dragging their feet"

It's the opposite side that's "springing to action"

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/spring--for

"to rise, leap or suddenly move forward"

By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2019, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Frey is married to the idea that the wall will accomplish nothing, and anyone who disagrees with him and Nancy Pelosi is just a dumbhead.

That includes not only me,  but all those silly border guards, who are obviously completely unfamiliar with the subject, as opposed to smart people like Frey and Pelosi.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 4:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Your first statement is a false statement and I have never stated that in fact I have conceded that a wall is a plan but have posted and proven over and over that there are better plans.

The problem truly is that trump and the trumpets are married to the wall in spite of the fact that it is not the best plan.

I have asked all of you trumpers to show me an article anywhere that states building a wall is the preferred method of securing the border by the border patrol personal because I did post a survey of border patrol in which the wall was not in the top 5 things they felt would be most desireable in border protection. will they take a wall if offered YES is it their preferred item for security popurses,  not at all.

I have made this request directly to Mike,McFarm now to YOU so i guess its time to for you to post the data showing this.

and NO bringing up the tired old story of the union leader saying they would take a wall is not showing they would prefer a wall.   

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 4:39 p.m.
Like Reply

A NON-Partisan group of Senators brought a plan to trump on or about Dec. 21st this plan had money for his Wall along with many of the Items on the preferred security list. The total of this border security bill brought forward to trump was well above the 5.8 billion requested.  The Group of Senators both Dems and Pub's left the WH believe they had a deal that Congress and the Pres could agree with then  Anne, Rushy,Seany raised an big fit on their media  shows that night and the next morning, to which donny decided to pull the plug on the plan.

that is the reality of this situation and it is the reason None of the republicans in the Senate will put together another plan .

Go to the cnbc web site and you can find out what that plan included and the pathway forward look for an interview with Heitkamp after watching that you might be able to understand who is dragging their feet.  

By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2019, 5:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Some constructive criticism.   If you want to be taken seriously,  try to be consistent.

When you said "a wall to securing the border is dragging your feet to stop a car." were you saying that dragging your feet is an effective way to stop a car, or were you saying a wall is ineffective?   In your last post above,  you seemed to be saying the wall is effective,  so I guess you also feel feet dragging is effective in stopping a car.  Either way,  you don't come out looking very good.   

Anyway,  here's the survey.  

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/2/border-patrol-agents-back-trump-wall-survey-finds/

"Border Patrol agents say they can’t be much clearer: They want more walls along the U.S.-Mexico border.

In a survey conducted by the National Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, they overwhelmingly supported adding a “wall system” in strategic locations, embracing President Trump’s argument that it will boost their ability to nab or deter would-be illegal immigrants."

By metmike - Jan. 16, 2019, 7:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for providing another authentic fact Tim.

From the survey:

"The NBPC’s survey, of more than 600 agents in two of the Border Patrol’s busiest sectors, found just the opposite: A stunning 89 percent of line agents say a “wall system in strategic locations is necessary to securing the border.” Just 7 percent disagreed."

The other side just keeps making stuff up and twisting completely irrelevant facts to create silly false narratives................but the facts are the facts and it couldn't be any more clear what they are on this topic for an objective mind.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 9:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Both methods are equally ineffective  but both are plans just not good  plans.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 16, 2019, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Strategic locations don't you understand?

They have been building walls on strategic locations  since clear back to Clinton.

Trump was offered a border plan with 25 billion. In doending that allowed  just that and he said 2400 mile wall 30 ft tall or bust and now the country must pay for his ego.

By metmike - Jan. 16, 2019, 11:17 p.m.
Like Reply

"Trump was offered a border plan with 25 billion"

It does look like he miscalculated on that. 

We hear that one of the reasons to not fund the wall,  is that 5 billion is a waste of money/too expensive and he promised that Mexico would pay for it.

But out of the other side of their mouths, we hear that they had approved a wall that was 5 times more expensive, 25 billion a year ago and he should have gone with them then.

How can 5 billion be too expensive but 25 billion was not?

The reason is that 5 billion is not too expensive. The reason is that Democrats now have the power to stop/block Trump and that's why they won't let America have its wall.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 17, 2019, 2:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Naive  enough to believe that 5 billion will build a wall all the way a Ross the southern border?

The 25 billion was for total border security

Ask yourself one simple question  one simple question why are the Senate Republicans  not co.ing to trumps defense.

They had a deal and donney f^^^ed them and they are done with him 

By kermit - Jan. 17, 2019, 9:41 p.m.
Like Reply

At the democrat convention they had a chain link fence 8 feet high and 4 miles long surrounding it.  I wonder why something that doesn't work was employed

By TimNew - Jan. 18, 2019, 4:28 a.m.
Like Reply

'At the democrat convention they had a chain link fence 8 feet high and 4 miles long surrounding it.  I wonder why something that doesn't work was employed".

And they required photo id to enter.  When coupled with the walled compounds in which many of the leading dem opponents live,  you have to wonder if they are really being honest about their beliefs.