Caving to North Korea
22 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - March 9, 2018, 7:51 a.m.

Trump thinks history started yesterday.   (or at least when he walked into the WH)

Bill Clinton tried this in the 1990's.  He gave lots of food and aid to NK in exchange for giving up nuke ambitions.  N. Korea took the aid and cheated on the nuke program.  Bush and Obama set a policy that they would not have face to face talks with the N. Korea regime.  THAT would confer legitimacy on the brutal dictatorship.  Instead they insisted on regional talks.  S. Korea, N. Korea, Japan, China and the USA.  In essence, cornering N. Korea.

To have face to face, one on one talks, is giving N. Korea equal status with the US.  Trump/Tillerson came in saying "the era of strategic patience is over."  Now..... he caves to Kim Jong-un.

Comments
By TimNew - March 9, 2018, 8:02 a.m.
Like Reply

This is literally hilarious.

A few months ago, the left was screaming that Trump's tough talk was pushing us to the brink of Nuclear War!!!!!

Now that Kim is capitulating, Trump is "CAVING"... Reality for you folks is very fluid and subjective, isn't it?

Let's see how it turns out,  but things appear to be on a very different course than they have been.

By TimNew - March 9, 2018, 9:07 a.m.
Like Reply

You take any success, even the potential for success, by Trump very personally don't you?

You seem to have a very powerful need, some may call it an obsession.

How fortunate for you that something like Market Forum exists for you to fill that need.

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

"I resent any successes of  lying, cheating, rich, stupid bigots."

In other words: Because we hate Trumps guts, we must stop him from "Making America Great"

I popped in to share a recent scientific study that completely explains all the trolls here with their false/fake news(which actually has been known for some of us observers for years):

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/359/6380/1146

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/03/08/study-confirms-fakenews-travels-faster-than-real-news/

Just keep posting, biased/one side hateful anti Trump stuff in neurotic fashion vandy. No wonder our previous moderator, Alex nicknamed you "The Priick"

Tim makes another great point too on the position of the Trump haters/blockers/bashers with regards to North Korea. The left's position on this issue is well defined:

"Whatever Trumps is doing now...... its disastrously wrong and we must stop him and do the exact opposite............even if the evidence shows that it's working"

No agenda to build America up..............just one to tear down anything that the president(who by any objective definition, has been relentless in pushing America first policies) stands for. 

At least many Trump supporters can see both sides. Some of us don't like his position on tariffs for instance. .......but we aren't tied to the idea that everything that Trump does is to be viewed as either (very)bad or good.

"Go Roy, Go puthy"

That surely is attracting/inviting to  many cerebral types that want to have thoughtful discussions.

By TimNew - March 9, 2018, 12:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Hiya Mike..  Good to see you.  You should come around more often.  Not only do you bring good weather news,  you bring fresh air.

A good argument could be made that the forum needs you more than you need the forum,  but, it is what we make it after all.

You make it somewhat more.

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

"Shame on you for defending this idiot.  Stick to weather and gratuitous therapy.  You are pretty good at one of these."

Actually, my favorite thing to do is coach youth chess............at 4 schools and around 200 students each year. 

So what do you like to do vandy?

I could describe what I think you do here but instead, let's ask YOU  what you like to do.

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 7:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"Trump is stupid.  Trump is a bigot.  Trump is rich.  Trump is a liar.  Trump is a multi time cheater.  He has bilked students out of their money.  He grabs women by the puthy.  He loves himself.  He is in this for himself.  He has selected an evil bigot, Mike Pence,"

So vandy, seriously, how much of you repeating all this stuff over and over and over is just out of habit? We are all creatures of habit and we all have some bad habits.

I have acquired some very bad trading habits in recent years that have been hard to stop, even while realizing they are there......but just need to be more disciplined. 

You repeating the same anti Trump stuff(often using the exact same verbiage)  for months is obviously not making a new contribution, so is it to irritate the few posters that are left here? or is it because you like to read yourself after posting it? Or do you just do it out of habit, without even thinking about it?

Maybe it's all 3. 

We all do things out of habit, including posting here. We all like to read what we posted previously and now have the option to edit portions that we don't like. However, it's neurotic and abnormal to post and repeat the exact same things hundreds of times for many months, especially when it's designed to tear down something or someone. 

For instance, its acceptable, in fact a positive for cheerleaders to use the same cheers to to root for their team and get their fans enthused and participating in cheering with them for a good outcome for their team.

However, in any venue that I can think of, especially human relationships, its considered abuse for one person to repeatedly target another person with hateful, derogatory and demeaning words over and over and over.

It's very unpleasant for others to have to witness such verbal abuse..........unless those others share an unhealthy appreciation for hatred directed at another human being.

I think that millions in this country, including many in the media have a deep seated, unhealthy, neurotic and very personal hatred for Donald Trump which is directed at the man, Donald Trump. 

You know what racism is of course. It often means that you hate a man or woman because of the color of their skin. It makes no sense to hate a person for that reason......except that you were probably taught or raised that way. 

I am certain that millions of Americans HATE Donald Trump  because they have been taught to think this way in the past 18 months..........intentionally by one side and the media.

You don't think so?

OK, let's go back a decade to 2008.  Did you hate Donald Trump then? Did tens of millions of people and the media hate Donald Trump in 2008?

What did Donald Trump do to you and these millions personally, that they should hate him so much?

The reasons to hate him so much have all come from political leaders from mostly one side that want to vilify him, hollywood celebrity types and the media. People who we look to for our news and its interpretation as well as many serving as role models.  This is entirely by design. Everything and anything that he does is interpreted with a negative, personal spin that consumes many people with hatred for him. 

I think we are seeing a catastrophic failure of our role models to lead us down an honorable path. Instead, they are using us as political tools to accomplish their own personal agenda............which in this case is destroy Donald Trump.

The power of the internet and television has enabled millions of minds to be captured, just like in a cult, only a high tech cult using electronic devices that we are all addicted to. 

You might think this sounds far out but its not even speculative...........its for real. It's also why the world thinks beneficial warming and the best weather and climate in the last 1,000 years on a planet that's greening up from an entirely beneficial gas, CO2..... with most life doing great is catastophic man made climate change.

By TimNew - March 10, 2018, 7:42 a.m.
Like Reply

If you were to take an honest look,   you would realize that no one is defending Trump.  There are some who point out what he has done that's right, and what he has done wrong.  

There are others who take the "4 legs good, 2 legs bad" approach and condemn Trump no matter what he say's or does. And anyone who does not do the same is condemned as well.  

In this very thread,  we have a poster who condemned him for intending to talk to N Korea, and then later condemned him for "walking it back", which by the way, was a false conclusion. 

(T)rump (D)erangement (S)yndrom is an observable and provable pathology.

By silverspiker - March 9, 2018, 12:27 p.m.
Like Reply

John Kirby's biggest initiative with the Obama Team was to send Dennis Rodman as US representative to play ball with Kim. 

------

Trump is just proving that fundamentals and sound principles will solve almost anything. In the business world there are solutions to every problem. Some are not always pleasant but are correct. 

Politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth and have no interest in fixing anything, just to remain in power.

If the voters would continue to elect businessmen and women and stop electing lawyers we could fix every problem this Country has. Our possibilities are almost unimaginable given proper leadership. MAGA.

--- Principles Before Personalities

By TimNew - March 9, 2018, 12:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Seldom do I read a post with which I agree to the extent I do this one.

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 4:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Extremely well said silverspiker!

By cliff-e - March 9, 2018, 11:40 a.m.
Like Reply

We always have to wonder what Communist Block countries are up to. Could it be Putin told the "Rocket Man" to appear to be nice to make Donny the  dictator look nice? It sure looks like a smoke screen to some.

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 12:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Whatever is going on, all your side knows is that it can't result in Trump getting credit for anything positive.

Bringing in the evil Russians with more wild speculation always works to put in just the right spin to accomplish that for you. 

Go search the internet for more (fake/false) news that tells it the way that  you like to hear/read it...........anti Trump and come back with more for us. 

By joj - March 9, 2018, 2:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Lordy.  

Reports today are there will be no meeting.  Walking it back now.  Meeting will only occur if NK meets conditions (that they never have met before)

I keep forgetting that Trump says contradicting things within the same 24hr news cycle.  

By joj - March 9, 2018, 2:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Lordy.  

If Trump makes peace with a denuclearized N. Korea I will sing his praise on this forum.

Reports today are there will be no meeting.  Walking it back now.  Meeting will only occur if NK meets conditions (that they never have met before).

I keep forgetting that Trump says contradictory things within the same 24hr news cycle.  "Look at the shiny object over here!"

By mcfarm - March 9, 2018, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

why on God's green earth do libs have to do this day after day. The announcement yesterday was the very same as today...not one thing has been "walked back" do libs really think nobody else just watched Sarah Huckaby use the very same words..."there will have to be concrete and verifiable progress" ...do you really think Trump is going into a meeting to play Clinton games and give aid and nuclear guidance or Obama games and deliver billions in the dead of nite....no, North Korea is in a vise now and they know it

By metmike - March 9, 2018, 3:59 p.m.
Like Reply

First it was:

"To have face to face, one on one talks, is giving N. Korea equal status with the US." THAT would confer legitimacy on the brutal dictatorship. "

You started this thread by vehemently disagreeing with the Trump meeting......until you heard today that he might not be meeting with the guy.

In order to remain anti Trump(the only consistent position that you have) instead of keeping yesterdays position that Trump should NOT meet with him, today you are bashing Trump for not following thru with the meeting that you said was a mistake yesterday.

"Reports today are there will be no meeting.  Walking it back now.  Meeting will only occur if NK meets conditions (that they never have met before).

I keep forgetting that Trump says contradictory things within the same 24hr news cycle.  "Look at the shiny object over here!"

"If Trump makes peace with a denuclearized N. Korea I will sing his praise on this forum."

Why would you go and spoil an almost perfect record from your side by doing the complete polar opposite of what you guys have been doing/saying about  the numerous successes that Trump has had since being elected by Putin........err, I mean the American people.

By TimNew - March 9, 2018, 4:14 p.m.
Like Reply

It's entertaining until you consider this represents somewhere near 1/2 the population of this country.

As I've said,  if Trump were responsible for curing cancer, these folks would decry the thousands of medical professionals he put out of work.