Rawstory
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 8, 2019, 1:12 p.m.

I must have clicked something on one of mojo's Rawstory articles and now I'm getting each new article in front of me, like dozens/day, interrupting whatever I'm doing on the computer all day long.

At first I was going to figure out what to do to stop this nuisance, from this tabloid, often  fake newsource on steroids.............but then, I started going to some of the articles.

It's like back in the old days when the Inquirer had stories, like people being abducted by aliens that everybody(ok, rational thinking body's) knew were bogus but still had to read..........and it caused block buster sales of their tabloid news.

This is actually the main reason that I really do watch CNN more than Fox news. I can't wait to hear their latest mind bending spin on facts that make Trump worse than Hitler and the latest scandal worse than Watergate and his latest actions impeachable.

The same thing has been providing me with entertainment from Rawstory, I'm sort of embarrassed to admit......not too embarrassed or this post would not exist (-:  I'm not offended by the junk/fake news at all but enjoy the entertainment value.

I thought this one that just came out below was pretty funny. Reporters were clearly harassing a republican by any standards of harassment, actually stalking him. 

When he tries to get away(escape) out of the fire escape door at the bottom of the stairs, so that he can watch the kick off of the college football championship game, that his team is in, they write a story about him avoiding them because he knows about a crime(s) that he doesn't want to answer questions about.

WATCH: NC Republican sets off fire alarms while fleeing reporters’ questions about election fraud

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/watch-nc-republican-sets-off-fire-alarms-fleeing-reporters-questions-election-fraud/?utm_source=push_notifications

Funny how the arrogant, biased media thinks that they own people. That people need to answer to them and do what they want them to do. That they can write or report whatever narrative they choose about anybody or anything with impunity............because there is no entity over them(partly because of freedom of the press) which scrutinizes their stories to verify that what they state is really the truth.

To be fair, probably 95% of what we read and see from the media is dead right, verifiable truth and good stuff.

However, when the biased ones are afforded the luxury of going well outside that with the other 5%(on CNN, for instance its many times higher than that with its distorted news) of what we see and MUCH higher than that on particular topics, like Trump or climate change...........and they have more resources than most people on everything.......... people end up not knowing the difference between the 95% and the other 5%........which allows them to impose their belief systems on viewers/readers with the 5%(much more than 5% in particular political realms).

Comments
Re: Rawstory
0 likes
By metmike - Jan. 8, 2019, 2:11 p.m.
Like Reply

They just keep rolling out the hilarious junk/fake news stories.......

Trump’s prime-time address could end up being America’s worst nightmare — here’s why

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/trumps-prime-time-address-end-americas-worst-nightmare-heres/

"We already know that Trump, a likely agent of the Kremlin who just recently repeated obvious Russian propaganda in support of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, has shut down the United States government for a third time in a year, while also declaring that he’s happy to keep it shut down for years this time around. His handlers in Moscow have to be thrilled with the perpetual state of disruption."

Hmmmm............I wonder how many readers are getting their kicks laughing for a bit at many of their articles vs actually believing ALL this stuff?

Technology  

The Rise of Progressive 'Fake News'

"The disempowered left now faces its own kinds of hoaxes and fables."

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/02/viva-la-resistance-content/515532/

"The phenomenon seemed to confirm theorists’ worst fears about the internet. Given the choice, democratic citizens will not seek out news that challenges their beliefs;  instead, they will opt for content that confirms their suspicions. A BuzzFeed News analysis found that the top 20 fake-news stories “outperformed” the top 20 real-news stories on Facebook in the three months before the election, meaning they generated more shares, comments, and reactions.* A follow-up survey suggested that most Americans believed fake news after seeing it on Facebook. When held to the laissez faire editorial standards of Facebook, the market of ideas fails."

I may be pointing out this particular dynamic with regards to Rawstory readers but it exists in widespread fashion across the spectrum/on both sides.

The 2 realms that I note it to be most often applied relate to human caused climate change and Donald Trump.

Re: Rawstory
0 likes
By wglassfo - Jan. 8, 2019, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

The female part of our family hates Trump with a passion

It all started when Trump made fun about female personalities and their body shape

That seems to be a hot button with any female as they are very conscious of their personal appearance. Not every body has a models figure

The men in our family support Trump. I think it is because men are not so worried about physical appearance. I have heard some men not like Trump. Most of that stems from his many BK. They are convinced he is a crook and runs the WH as his personal fiefdom, always looking our for Trump even if they have nothing, other than before he ran for president. The rent  charged on the Trump Tower seems to fit into the kind of personal mucky muck that make up some people's mind.

Once started on the female anatomy, then everything Trump does or says is bad. Golly, you should hear my wife mutter away when the news comes on. Even in Canada at least 50% of the top stories is about Trump My niece and myself got into a heated argument about Trump. Every thing about Trump was bad. I simply asked what had Trump done that was so bad for americians. [This was before the border wall became such a big issue]

She could not answer me but her belief that Trump was really bad could not be swayed

I am convinced her hate stemmed from Trumps comments about women and their appearance.

Golly: We can't even escape Trump here in canada

I am convinced that Trump considers even bad news as better than no news in the media. He does seem to want the spotlight, and many people have a problem with that sort of thing.

Now our own PM is considered a wimp by the male population. However, Toronto and Quebec is Trudeau's power base and as long as that holds then he is the man. Trudeau plays to the multi culture issues and Toronto is so multi culture you would not believe it.

Our system is very similar to your electoral college in that the PM does not need a majority of all votes. Only the number of ridings won or lost count in the final tally. We do have three major parties and some splinter parties, thus you may hear about a minority gov't some times..

We do have some provincial premiers that are giving Trudeau push back on anything green, but the younger generation is very green is almost every thing.

Just some stuff from this side of the border if you are interested

By mcfarm - Jan. 8, 2019, 3:33 p.m.
Like Reply

you said a mouthful about the msm's and their goal of complete control mike. Just today I heard joe lockhardt, Clintons x spokesman complain on cnn that the msm should get copy of Trumps speech before he delivers it n tv and then the libs cnn decide whether to show it or not....how about that? sounds quite fair. Maybe as fair as Obama providing me his speech and I will decide....not to worry libs of the world you guys control 90% of hat gwts out there,.....than k God for the internet or all would be lost

By JP - Jan. 8, 2019, 5:01 p.m.
Like Reply

To paraphrase an old song, if it wasn't for Rawstory, MarketForum's most prolific poster mostly wouldn't have no stories at all.

By metmike - Jan. 8, 2019, 7:51 p.m.
Like Reply

I was looking for some views on Trumps address tonight and found some like this and other media sources similar to the one above that features tunnel visioned hate Trump cult like views:

#BoycottTrumpPrimeTime trends on Twitter ahead of Trump Oval Office address

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/424421-boycotttrumpprimetime-trends-on-twitter-ahead-of-trump-oval-office-address

"The hashtag "#BoycottTrumpPrimeTime" held the top spot among trending U.S. hashtags on Twitter, with prominent left-leaning organizations and some celebrities joining social media users' call for Americans to avoid watching the address, scheduled for Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.

"As I made clear on my @SXMProgress show last night: The big TV networks should NOT be covering Trump's speech of lies & racism - that should only air on Fox News where it belongs," Sirius XM host Dean Obedaillah wrote on Twitter."

"No one needs to listen to a senile man spout incoherent racist rhetoric for an hour"

Wowza!

By mojo - Jan. 8, 2019, 8:28 p.m.
Like Reply

WOW! There were all kinds of exceptionally juicy stories about Trump in today's edition of Rawstory. 

Check it out, everybody.

https://www.rawstory.com/

By metmike - Jan. 8, 2019, 9:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Yeah, and this is one of my favorites on there right now:

"Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established by scientists"

Like the stories about people abducted by aliens, it's so "out there in la la land" that nobody with rational, critical thinking can take it or this source seriously. 

However, I'm going to get pretty bored with my current amusement with this site in a hurry as it provides ZERO intellectual stimulation and ZERO substantive or authentic news and going there too often might turn my brain to mush (-:

By JP - Jan. 8, 2019, 9:59 p.m.
Like Reply

"going there too often might turn my brain to mush"

Not much danger of that --  methinks you've placed the cart before the horse (if you follow my drift).