Deuttsche Bank [DB]
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 29, 2018, 5:46 p.m.

I know everybodies eyes glaze over when ever I post a warning such as this. Most think I am a nut case.

So: Lets get to it and you decide. Attention spans are short

DB currently holds 48 trillion EU of derivatives

this is  huge position even by todays standard and DB market cap

[More important. How many derivatives actually make a profit]

DB is re-arranging the deck chairs with a new CEO

[What was wrong with the previous CEO. Does a new CEO mean the titanic will miss the ice burg]

New CEO says he is committed to a new growth phase

[Fuddle Duddle  What kind of growth phase when 100's are being laid off. If you grow into new ventures , more employees are needed for acquisition, plus all the accountants,  advisors, valuation experts, gophers etc. Are those presently employed not qualified in a bank as large as DB. If not then serious trouble was already in the rank and file of employees. Would you not look at the present state of affairs before hiding a problem with new growth ventures. It happens]

Stk price has fallen 56% in 2018

[Somebody is concerned. DB has to be borrowing money for this new growth phase. Somebody is concerned about the risk]

DB  decided to make a statement about how  well capitalized they were and have no need of being nationalized

[Why did DB think they had to make a statement if all was well???That's what Bear Stearns said before Paulson had to rescue them]

This is exactly what happened on Wall St. before the credit crisis

[Nobody remembers any details about what caused the credit crisis other than the house market. Does anybody remember the REIT fiasco, the race for bigger is better, the borrowed money leveraged at least 44-1] 

Nobody remarked on any of this, just slide below the radar, because what happens over there can't possibly affect us on this side of the pond

{the Wall St credit crisis affected the whole world]

Could DB be headed for BK

[Did anybody think GM could go BK}

Does anybody believe DB and their qrtly statements

[How many believed Enron and their statements]

How many people even understand this post?? I don't have a tiny sliver of understanding, and I wrote the post. All I did was a possible warning of storm clouds ahead.

Comments
By silverspiker - Dec. 29, 2018, 5:56 p.m.
Like Reply

"[More important. How many derivatives actually make a profit]"

... 100 % are winners ... unless the trade is a wash...

... do not think I would get long their stock though...

By lar - Dec. 30, 2018, 5:43 a.m.
Like Reply

What is the rate of return for participation in global money laundering? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Laundromat

By Lacey - Dec. 30, 2018, 9:39 a.m.
Like Reply

They are bankrupt.  Just don't want to admit it.  Not hard to understand supporting all those immigrants.  That is their mess to clean up.