Smaller government, like this?? Rant advisory on.
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by lar - Dec. 26, 2018, 11:11 a.m.

So those bad cartels (who count their money by weighing truckloads) couldn’t afford a shoulder mounted laser to cut these slats like butter? Or drones to fly over? Or the poor mans version of tunneling underneath would work just fine no matter who pays for it.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/12/21/-trump-tariffs-would-make-a-steel-slat-border-wall-much-more-costly.html

Captain bonespurs knows more about national security than soon-to-be-former defense secretary Mattis? That’s why he makes us enemies of our friends and more vulnerable to our enemies? Pay no attention to the intercontinental weapons Putin just tested. Or the China-North Korea theater. 

It’s chaos that 45 thrives in. Perfect guy to wholesale dismantle the government as many conservatives have been yelling for.

He initiates confrontation and conflict on all sides then whines about the news, the criminal justice system and as new enemies he creates talk bad about him? Treats him unfairly? This is especially ironic if the law and order candidate is guilty of felonies getting into the seat he now occupies. Triple irony is if he committed felonies before AND after taking on the role of commander and chief. 

Stable parts of the world stage are destabilizing. We will need that increased military budget as we are forced into increased military activity to face true dangers to the safety of our nation. Uncorking Syria? That’s the strategy? United Nations, bah - who needs em? Take another look. The real dangers are not some group of people crossing continents on foot starving and dying along the way. 

This administration has not made us safer so I wish people would stop acting like it has. Those who want smaller government should be liking this part though. Throwing out the baby with the bath water has unforeseen consequences though. This is like brain surgery using  common kitchen tools, even though we may have been the perfect candidate for brain surgery.

History will certainly see these days as pivotal. I do believe smaller government is being delivered. I don’t think any of us could be wanting it like this though. Let’s see how this plays out - I believe we are not positioning ourselves better. This is not the path to America being great in my opinion. Smaller has consequences. I think few of us will feel it was ever worth those consequences.

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!