Boeing to China
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Dec. 17, 2018, 10:23 a.m.

This is why it is crazy to run the trump trade policy. in the mist of a trade war that has evolved in trumps camp from a fight over jobs, to a fight over cost of entry to now a fight over IP. The head of the worlds biggest plane manufacture says to heck with all of those risk I'm going to make hundreds of millions on my stock options so lets go build planes in china and the next CEO can cry about how unfairly we are being treated by China.

https://interestingengineering.com/boeing-company-opens-new-chinese-factory-amid-us-chinese-trade-war

https://q13fox.com/2018/12/17/boeing-delivers-first-737-from-chinese-factory/

This is why I talk about fixing the US first until you fix this the CEO's will take the quick gains because they have no long term view.  They just want to set up their families for life and to hell with the country, and instead of leadership demanding we fix this,we took the route of finding someone to blame.

Comments
By TimNew - Dec. 17, 2018, 11:18 a.m.
Like Reply

I wonder if it has anything to do with the labor department slamming Boing when they opened a plant here in a right to work  state.  The unions in the State of Washington threw a hissy fit.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 17, 2018, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

So your saying it ok to go where labor is cheapest. 

By TimNew - Dec. 18, 2018, 4:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Let me answer with a question.  When you trade commodities, do you strive to buy high and sell low?

By frey_1999 - Dec. 19, 2018, 12:21 a.m.
Like Reply

So your saying you feel labor and the people that do it should be valued like a stick of wood or s lump of coal. 

Well that explains a lot

Personally I find that  comparison offensive 

By TimNew - Dec. 19, 2018, 5:55 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm sure you do.   So here's how to handle it.  Next time you are buying stuff, look for the most expensive version of what you want and then pay extra.  Otherwise, you are ultimately suppressing wages and that goes against your base beliefs.  

By frey_1999 - Dec. 19, 2018, 9:04 a.m.
Like Reply

ROTFLMAO. 

High price product =high wages or viseversa, do you really believe that if so it explains a lot.

By TimNew - Dec. 19, 2018, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

You have no idea as to the point I made and I really feel like taking the time to educate you.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 20, 2018, 4:55 a.m.
Like Reply

That's  funny -- the point your try to make is known, it's just not makeable. 

Well at least not without admitting trumps trade war is bad policy ,because it will not fix US first.

By wglassfo - Dec. 20, 2018, 5:04 a.m.
Like Reply

I haven't heard anything about how to fix "us"

Maybe you know but I am plumb out of ideas

Of course nobody accused me of being the sharpest stick in the pile

By TimNew - Dec. 20, 2018, 6:03 a.m.
Like Reply

"That's  funny -- the point your try to make is known, it's just not makeable. 

Well at least not without admitting trumps trade war is bad policy ,because it will not fix US first."

My point has nothing to do with the Trump trade war.  It's on basic supply/demand/price.  You apparently have no concept of how all that works,  and I really don't see the point in trying to explain it to you.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 20, 2018, 8:02 a.m.
Like Reply

I have lived supply and demand my whole life and most certainly don't  need somebody who can't recognize how trumps trade war is distorting it, telling me what he does not know about supply and demand .