Bingo! We have a winner!
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Dec. 6, 2018, 10:16 a.m.

Our tax dollars at work.

Honduran family illegally climbs over the border wall. 24 hours later, the young woman gives birth to her second child.

Bingo!

This child is now a US citizen. The family will receive full welfare benefits, including free housing, free food stamps, free etc.

Who says, breaking the law does not pay?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6463519/Migrant-teen-gives-birth-baby-boy-U-S-hospital-climbing-border-wall-Tijuana.html

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 6, 2018, 10:38 a.m.
Like Reply

not that the dems would notice but suddenly the boarder from south Texas all the way to southern Cal. has suddenly turned blue....how does that happen we wonder

By TimNew - Dec. 6, 2018, 12:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Even Ted Kennedy knew the left could not sell their BS to the existing demographics, so they had to change the demographics.  They are almost done.  Keep photo id's out of it for a few more years and it won't matter.

By carlberky - Dec. 6, 2018, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

wow ! A woman pregnant 8 months and a 2 year old climbed the border wall ! Now that's the kind of spirit and determination we need in America.

By mcfarm - Dec. 6, 2018, 1:28 p.m.
Like Reply

great point carl. We all certainly want every single person out there to break any law they choose with much success....that always makes a society peaceful and a country great...think I need some extra cash to purchase seed and fertilizer, I gotta go rob a bank right now.

By TimNew - Dec. 6, 2018, 3:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm sure Carl would say something similar were some people to show the same determination and scale a wall to break into his house. "This is exactly the kind of spirit and determination I want in my house".

Or maybe he was skeptical of the prospect of a pregnant woman and a 2y0 scaling a wall.

Or perhaps both are true.

By carlberky - Dec. 6, 2018, 6:05 p.m.
Like Reply

"Or maybe he was skeptical of the prospect of a pregnant woman and a 2y0 scaling  wall."

Tim, not knowing the size of the wall, I wasn't sure whether to label it satire or sarcasm.

By GunterK - Dec. 6, 2018, 8:35 p.m.
Like Reply

the "undocumented immigrants" (hah!) also tore some openings into the wall/fence across from Tijuana. These openings are at ground level. Maybe, this woman and her family broke through there.

By carlberky - Dec. 6, 2018, 9:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter, all we know for sure is that they now have an anchor-baby, and that she gave birth in a San Diego hospital.
 All the immigration officials know is what she and her husband told them at the hospital. They may be lieing to
 protect people who have aided them. 

About those torn fences ... I sure hope Trump is told about it if they hadn't been repaired immediately.

By carlberky - Dec. 6, 2018, 9:53 p.m.
Like Reply

"I'm sure Carl would say something similar were some people to show the same determination and scale a wall to break into his house. "This is exactly the kind of spirit and determination I want in my house".

Tim, then I would say, " Do you want cream and sugar in your coffee ?"

You seem to be of the opinion that a crime is a crime, with no degrees of severity. You compare misdemeanors with felonies

By TimNew - Dec. 7, 2018, 3:38 a.m.
Like Reply

A crime is a crime, no doubt.  The severity of a crime varies.

Now that we have established that,  explain the difference between breaking into the country and breaking into your house other than the impact of breaking into the country will most likely be borne by someone else.

By joj - Dec. 7, 2018, 5:32 a.m.
Like Reply

LIES!  But that is the order of things these days.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/illegal-immigrant-benefits/

By TimNew - Dec. 7, 2018, 5:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Illegal immigrants can and do get a drivers license in many states.

With the law that emergency rooms cannot turn anyone away, they do get free health care. Walk into any emergency room near the border, and in many cases, not so near the border.

The tax free business is sketchy, certainly not legal,  but a long way from impossible.

Your Snopes "Fact Check" ignores the treatment when involving anchor babies which entitles the family to many benefits,  and the documented factor of fake id's.

You really can't rely on Snopes for any issue where a liberal slant can apply. They are more than "selective" in the facts they chose to present.

By carlberky - Dec. 7, 2018, 7 a.m.
Like Reply

" explain the difference between breaking into the country and breaking into your house"

One has no jail time penalty, only expulsion. The other carries severe penalties, especially for repeat offenders.

By TimNew - Dec. 7, 2018, 8:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Both can result in jail.  But, obviously, you feel having them break into your house is much more serious.  I say it just makes it more personal to you. Both have serious consequences for law abiding citizens

Of course, you've established that you don't see illegal immigration as a problem as long as "they don't break any laws" and I can't understand how an otherwise apparently sensible person can fail to see the obvious contradiction in terms.

https://www.estavisaus.org/news/penalties-illegally-entering-united-states-without-visa

Penalties for Entering the US without a visa

The penalty for entering the US without a visa the first time is a fine or an imprisonment for up to six months, or sometimes both. In the case of a second offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years.

There is also a separate section of the US immigration law that adds penalties for reentry or attempted reentry. In the case of entering the country illegally on a second occasion, the person will face harsher consequences. The crime is no longer treated as a misdemeanor, but a felony.

By carlberky - Dec. 7, 2018, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

"The penalty for entering the US without a visa the first time is a fine or an imprisonment for up to six months, or sometimes both. In the case of a second offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years."

Tim, thanks for the correction. I had assumed that since no one goes to prison for just illegal entry (probably due to over crowding in our prisons), I was technically wrong. I do feel that repeat offenders should get prison time.

By carlberky - Dec. 7, 2018, 9:28 a.m.
Like Reply

"Both can result in jail ... Both have serious consequences ..."

The possibility of 6 months to 2 years would certainly be serious to that individual ... unless they knew the possibility of  it happening was remote.