Recession on the way
21 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Dec. 4, 2018, 10:03 p.m.

Bonds invert, durable goods order tumble  car companies feeling demand pain, Ag equipment manufacturers  realing, and now trump talks of how great tariffs are and how much he likes us to pay them.

With his total lack of understanding  of business he might even be. Dumb enough to lead this country back  to 2008-9

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 4, 2018, 10:14 p.m.
Like Reply

just wondering if you knew Deere stock was still over 150 dollars and earning/growth was listed at 39%last year and 42% this year....yes they are hurting big time

By metmike - Dec. 4, 2018, 10:22 p.m.
Like Reply

"With his total lack of understanding  of business he might even be. Dumb enough to lead this country back  to 2008-9"

Clearly, this was mainly just a political attack on Trump. Please use the trading forum for trading information.

From the Wall Street Journal just over a month ago:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-is-worlds-most-competitive-economy-for-first-time-in-a-decade-1539727213

"U.S. Is World’s Most Competitive Economy for First Time in a Decade"

"Country regains top spot in World Economic Forum rankings thanks to strong economic growth"

The U.S. is back on top as the most competitive country in the world, regaining the No. 1 spot for the first time since 2008 in an index produced by the World Economic Forum

America climbed one place in the rankings of 140 countries, with the top five rounded out by Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. All five countries’ scores rose from 2017, with the U.S. notching the second-biggest gain after Japan’s. 

The top spot hasn’t gone to the U.S. since the financial crisis stalled output and triggered a global economic slowdown.

“Economic recovery is well underway, with the global economy projected to grow almost 4% in 2018 and 2019,” said the report, published Tuesday by the organization that produces the Davos conference on global politics and economics."

By frey_1999 - Dec. 4, 2018, 10:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump  tariffs  started this slide and he plans to double down it's not an attack on him but an observation on what causes recessions but I understand  bad economic policy  equals  personal attacks k in your eye's. 

Maybe time to brush  up on a little  history  see how it turned out last time

By frey_1999 - Dec. 4, 2018, 11:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Fox business,Bloomberg, CNBC, and BNN. All have come to the same  conclusion  the current tariffs  and the added threats of additional tariffs is eroding confidence in this economy. 

But now that realization is trump bashing. 

Ok

By metmike - Dec. 5, 2018, 12:18 a.m.
Like Reply

" I understand  bad economic policy  equals  personal attacks k in your eye's." 

"Fox business,Bloomberg, CNBC, and BNN. All have come to the same  conclusion"

frey,

Good economic, bad economic, neutral economic............makes no difference when the post was blatantly political.

Fox, Bloombery, CNBC and BNN did not make a political post in our trading section.........you did. 

I'm asking you nicely to not do this. The best response would be for you to acknowledge the infraction and stop doing it.

A, still good response would be for you to accept it and go on without arguing. 

A bad response would be for you to justify it and suggest that the moderator, is taking a post on bad economic policy and twisting it unfairly to have a personal attack meaning..............then, to justify it further, making another post claiming that 4 other  sources are doing the same thing.

Please keep your political posts in the NTR section frey!

In this case, what makes it blatant is that you were the one to start the thread with the obvious intention of using it to bash Trump. 

Maybe you and others are unable to separate the connection because you are constantly dwelling on things to blame on Trump.

However, as moderator I can see the connection clearly and will immediately move posts like this down to where they belong, to give others an opportunity to appropriately defend Trump if they choose. Defending Trump on wildly speculative projections that are the opposite of reality is not a trading forum topic.

By TimNew - Dec. 5, 2018, 6:32 a.m.
Like Reply

The thing about economics, particularly when discussing an economy on the scale of the US,  you can always find bad news, and you can always find good news. 

If you focus on one or another for partisan purpose, that is NTR.

If you present both for a balanced view, that is TR.

The previous 2 statements are obviously my opinion, but it seems like a reasonable opinion, at least to me.

Looking at as much of the US economy as the available facts will allow makes a statement like "impending recession" seem extremely misguided.

By mcfarm - Dec. 5, 2018, 6:48 a.m.
Like Reply

right Tim, extremely misguided and as soon as all this Russian crap blows up the msm will surely start hammering Trump with bad economic news on a daily basis...aided daily by Pelosi, schummer and company.....should say even fake bad news

By TimNew - Dec. 5, 2018, 7:04 a.m.
Like Reply

If you read the entire comment,  you would note that the thread originated in the TR section and was moved to the NTR section.

Do you think you may have a problem with reading comprehension?  That may explain a lot. 

By TimNew - Dec. 5, 2018, 7:21 a.m.
Like Reply

I've seen several posters, yourself included, contribute to threads and questions that were not directed at them.  I hardly think this is an issue.

I'm sorry you feel that my constructive question regarding your demonstrated lack of reading comprehension was a form of bashing. Perhaps if you took an honest look at the question,  you could begin a quest in self improvement.  But it's up to you in how you choose to act and/or proceed.  

By TimNew - Dec. 5, 2018, 8:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Using you as an example,  I would have to agree.  I'm a dismal failure.  Some efforts are doomed to fail.  But,  they can still be entertaining.  :-)

By carlberky - Dec. 5, 2018, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Don't know if it's because of my limited means and abilities or my TDS but I find this thread highly entertaining. 

By TimNew - Dec. 5, 2018, 8:49 a.m.
Like Reply

I find it intriguing that an individual who will beg, borrow and steal to gain access to MarketForum could make a statement like.....

"For me  it takes a bit more of a venue than Marketforum to be entertaining.  Yet it is "free entertainment" for many,  especially for those with limited means and abilities."

By metmike - Dec. 5, 2018, 10:07 a.m.
Like Reply

The posts here are powerful evidence that this thread should have been moved immediately from the TR section(where it was misplaced) to the NTR section.

jaguar,

Trump bashing posts belong in the NTR section.

Tim,

Calling out another persons reading comprehension because they overlooked something is a personal attack. If mcfarm had done the same thing, I would bet that Tim would not have pointed it out. This tells us that it was personal. 

However, I must add that the vast, vast majority of your posts contribute positively here and thank you for those times.

By metmike - Dec. 5, 2018, 11:16 a.m.
Like Reply

jaguar,

Since you seem to be going beyond just wanting a single confirmation but instead,  drawing out additional confirmations of Trump bashing belonging in the NTR section, let me elaborate additionally for you.

As in the past, when the Trump bashing gets excessive by an individual poster/reach an absurd level, at my discretion, the individual posts will be removed. 

My bar is obviously set very low on that or most of the stuff on Trump here would go vamoose quickly. 

However, the out of control Trump bashing that defines the lives for many in this country, especially the media is a sad  part of what defines our country right now. Whether I agree with it or not does not matter. We are here to let people express their views..........respectfully and not excessively. 

By metmike - Dec. 6, 2018, 1:13 a.m.
Like Reply

YW jaguar