just another china rumor....or
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Nov. 27, 2018, 2:56 p.m.
Comments
By Jim_M - Nov. 28, 2018, 10:18 a.m.
Like Reply

Yea....I don't know.  If you followed rumors and news you would have thought that Trump and Kim-Jung Un would have had Thanksgiving together.  

By mcfarm - Nov. 28, 2018, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

well 16 right now...that is positive....funds evening up, some say end of month usual, some say in preparation of a possible deal..at this point I will take the 16 and be glad

By cfdr - Nov. 28, 2018, 11:45 a.m.
Like Reply

When I read things like the Chinese Ambassador threatening war with the US, I have to think China is getting desperate for a deal.

But, then, the guy who writes here makes a strong case for any deal taking more time:

https://tinyurl.com/yaud2mrj

This means China must lose first before the negotiations can begin.  The baseline within the negotiation must be reset.  Once the baseline position is reset, then, and only then, can forward negotiation be viewed by the Chinese as a gain.  This is the only way to get the Chinese to agree to any terms.

By Jim_M - Nov. 28, 2018, 1:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Great article!  

By mcfarm - Nov. 28, 2018, 4:51 p.m.
Like Reply

268000 mt sale of beans to unknown destination today

By Jim_M - Nov. 29, 2018, 8:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Too bad there isn't another digit in that number.  There is another SA crop right around the corner.  

By mcfarm - Nov. 29, 2018, 10:35 a.m.
Like Reply

Jim, I know you are a complete bear on beans and I know why but bean prices have been rebounding at every sell off. If and it is a big if this tariff thing gets semi settled you have got to agree to a substantial rally...if not why not and are you positioned?

By Jim_M - Nov. 29, 2018, 4:09 p.m.
Like Reply

I have a couple puts.  Let me put it to you this way, since you are a farmer, doesn't it keep you up at night that amount of beans being produced?  

Do you see the projections coming out of SA?  They are already increasing over initial projections.  

Does it make sense that the price stays solid or continues to rise when record after record, keeps getting broken?  Does it make sense that only half the beans get sold at the current cash price and the rest are left to rot?  When does storage run out?  

When does the impact of ASF hit bean producers?  Is it already happening?  Some say yes.  

Give me 1 good reason why the price should go up.  Price goes up....beans will keep it's acres.  Even if the trade issue is taken care of, there is a huge problem.  

By mcfarm - Nov. 29, 2018, 4:20 p.m.
Like Reply

thanks Jim. Yes being in production ag  has its night mares. We prefer to call them challenges. Its good to get the rest of the story from various sources like bearish day traders. Like many producers we hit that 10 dollar thing last May way too light. Had some protection but not near enough has yields were good. What is in storage will be moved on small rallys....unless mother nature says so we will not see 10 dollars for a long while

By mcfarm - Nov. 29, 2018, 4:34 p.m.
Like Reply