Right Wing Antisemitism
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Nov. 9, 2018, 6:14 a.m.

I'm not talking about you Tim.  Your brand of conservatism was absent for the most part in the midterms.  GOP candidates were silent about the tax cuts and retraining entitlement spending.    I respect those arguments.  This article is about the new GOP (Trumpism).

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/11/anti-semitism-inherent-trumps-nativism/574672/

Comments
By carlberky - Nov. 9, 2018, 8:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Jews are " ... just predisposed because of their understanding of Jewish history to identify with outsiders and
 fear ethnically and religiously exclusive definitions of Americanism. But people who demonize African
 Americans or Latino and Muslim immigrants notice that predisposition, and it leads them to demonize Jews, too.

" That’s why, in the Trump era, rising nativism and rising anti-Semitism go hand in hand. Before last week,
 Jewish conservatives might have been forgiven for ignoring this deadly pairing. Now there’s no excuse."

IMHO, Trump is personally not anti-semetic ... but many of his followers are.

By joj - Nov. 9, 2018, 9:05 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree Carl that Trump isn't antisemitic.  But he sure looks like a racist to me.  "rapists, murderers, animals, invaders"