those poor refugees...
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 3, 2018, 9:14 p.m.

all those poor women and their hungry children.... gotta have pity for them.

here they are at the southern border of Mexico

https://vimeo.com/298759573

Comments
By mojo - Nov. 4, 2018, 6:40 a.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarm - Nov. 4, 2018, 6:41 a.m.
Like Reply

wait a second Gunter. Just saw a guy from WSJ on the news yesterday. He accused Trump of stirring racial and security rage by implying this group  was 2000 poor women and children just looking for their "rightful" asylum......you mean he went on national tv and deliberately lied as to shade the story....as in fake news

By TimNew - Nov. 4, 2018, 7:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Mojo,  you really need to start considering news sources other than Raw Story and SNL

Reagan vs Trump
0 likes
By joj - Nov. 4, 2018, 8:58 a.m.
Like Reply

"America is really many Americas.  We call ourselves a nation of immigrants, and that's truly what we are.  We have drawn people from every corner of the Earth.  We're composed of virtually every race and religion and not in small numbers, but large.  We have a statue in NY harbor that speaks of this - a stature of a woman holding a torch of welcome to those who enter our country to become Americans.  She has greeted millions upon millions of immigrants to our country.  She welcomes them still.  She represents our open door.

All of the immigrants who came to us brought their own music, literature, customs, and ideas.  And the marvelous thing, a thing of which we're proud, is they did not have to relinquish these things in order to fit in.  In fact, what they brought to America became American.  And this diversity has more than enriched us; it has literally shaped us."  

- Ronald Reagan

"Why do we want people from Sh*t hole countries?"  -  Donald Trump

By mojo - Nov. 4, 2018, 9:44 a.m.
Like Reply

By cfdr - Nov. 4, 2018, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

We call ourselves a nation of immigrants, and that's truly what we are.

- Ronald Reagan

OK, joj, where in that quote do you see where Ronald Reagan once said that we should simply allow anyone who wants to enter our country to come in?  Where in that quote do you once see the words "illegal immigrants" mentioned?

From what i've heard, we allow about a million immigrants in - every year.  No other country on earth does this.

I just looked it up to see if I that was correct.

Since 2000, legal immigrants to the United States number approximately 1,000,000 per year, of whom about 600,000 are Change of Status who already are in the U.S. Legal immigrants to the United States now are at their highest level ever, at just over 37,000,000 legal immigrants.

Where have you ever heard or seen where President Trump has said that he does not want any immigration?

"Why do we want people from Sh*t hole countries?"  -  Donald Trump

OK, joj, I'm curious about your answer to that question?  In particular, illegal immigrants - people who are not going through the immigration process?

Do you think it would be good to turn our country into just another sh*thole country?

Do you hate America that much?

By cfdr - Nov. 4, 2018, 9:52 a.m.
Like Reply

mojo, that's one of the most despicable posts ever on this forum.

Unfortunately, you seem to be a poster child for the Left these days.

By joj - Nov. 4, 2018, 10:18 a.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

Those seeking political asylum to the country have been coming, staying, building lives for decades.  They are NOT illegal.  They make America great!

By mcfarm - Nov. 4, 2018, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

so JOJ just skip right over the part where Trump said over and over, those seeking asylum will be processed and held until their hearings are final....just skip right over that like it never happened and some lib somewhere will stand up and scream.."Yes joj, all the way" or has don lemmon says "white men must go"

By mojo - Nov. 4, 2018, 7:26 p.m.
Like Reply

"mojo, that's one of the most despicable posts ever on this forum."

what was so despicable about it?

"Unfortunately, you seem to be a poster child for the Left these days."

What was your first clue?

By GunterK - Nov. 4, 2018, 8:34 p.m.
Like Reply

joj. thank you for your response.....

discussing immigration in the US is always a 2-edged sword. For Sitting Bull and his friends, the White Man was an invader who took away their land and their way of life, and eventually their lives. The White Man was the ultimate "illegal alien"

Yet, eventually, from this mess emerged the USA.... a country that became the strongest nation on this planet.

I don't know, when the current immigration laws came into being... however, I remember the time when I applied for a Visa. After filling out an application with a local US consulate, they started a back-ground check on me that lasted for about 2 months. After that, I needed either a job offer, or a "sponsor" who assumed responsibility for me. (I had a job offer) 

Their are millions of legal immigrants here....we adjusted to US society and customs (well, most of us did), worked hard, and, as you said, we did contribute a little bit to US society.

Asylum seekers, on the other hand, receive free housing, free food stamps, free everything, plus some spending cash. Sure, some of them will eventually want to be contributing members of society.... others will just enjoy a life of leisure, at tax payers expense.

Every time, I hear about asylum seekers, I think of the 100,000s of homeless US citizens, many of them veterans. Shouldn't we take care of them first?

BTW... I saw one interview of a young woman and her child, from El Salvador. Her reasons for requesting asylum was her boyfriend, who often beat her. Is this reason enough to let her into the US?

Even more important, the sob stories about women and hungry children, shown by the MSM, are the minority of these "caravans". The majority are young men, quite a few of them trouble makers. Just look at the video I linked. They threw rocks at the Mexican border patrol and injured quite a few of them. Eventually, they broke down that high steel gate and all poured in. It seems to me, they don't quite fit into our society. They could breaking down the backdoor to your house, one day.

Somewhere else I read... an ex-MS13 guy said he knew at least a dozen of gang members who were blending in with the caravan

A firm response if definitely needed.

By cfdr - Nov. 4, 2018, 9:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for that post, Gunter.  As I've said - I know of no one who is against immigration.  A million people every year is a pretty fair record.

I'm more and more convinced that many people on the Left do hate America.  It took me quite some time, but I finally realized that our previous president felt this way.  He for sure hated the working middle class.

Interesting, isn't it, that the Left is on the same side of this issue as the Koch brothers.  The only person who is actually trying to improve the lives of the working people is Donald Trump.  Who would have thought?

Again, thanks.  I doubt anyone understands this issue better than you do.