Republican voters don’t care about Trump’s corruption
21 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Oct. 13, 2018, 10:31 a.m.

The past couple of weeks of the news have served up a hefty reminder not just of the deep corruption of Donald Trump, but of the entire Republican Party. On top of the headline-dominating story about Republicans ignoring all sorts of ethical concerns to place Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, there was also a blockbuster New York Times report showing that Trump amassed his massive fortune not through hard work or business acumen, but old-fashioned tax fraud and corruption. Meanwhile, there’s a pileup of stories indicating that Republicans intend to shore up their prospects in the November midterms through blatant and racist cheating, using a series of Jim Crow-style strategies to keep black and Native American voters from the polls in November.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/republican-voters-dont-care-trumps-corruption-heres/

Comments
By carlberky - Oct. 14, 2018, 11:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Just win, baby … just win !!!

By TimNew - Oct. 14, 2018, 1:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Great example of the lefts latest "strategy"..

Step 1.) Create scandals out of thin air with little to no basis in reality.

Step 2.) Denigrate your opposition for ignoring these "scandals".  

I works on nearly half the population..   But I believe that number is finally starting to shrink.

By carlberky - Oct. 14, 2018, 1:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Great playbook, Tim. Mind if we use it too ?

By GunterK - Oct. 14, 2018, 2:10 p.m.
Like Reply

when I hear the word "corruption",  my mind immediately wanders to the Clinton "Charitable"Foundation and it' 2 billion dollars, and the removal of the Foundations funds to Qatar (according to WSJ), when the environment got too hot. 

People who voted for Hillary in 2016 apparently do not care about "corruption",  nor do they care about "lying during an FBI investigation" (according to Comey) and Obstruction of Justice

However, the election is over.... there is another opportunity in 2020

By carlberky - Oct. 14, 2018, 4:41 p.m.
Like Reply

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.programs&orgid=16680

Program names and associated costs are listed for the top programs as reported on the charity's most recently filed Form 990. The top programs displayed will include the largest three programs, or those programs covering at least 60% of the charity's total expenses, whichever comes first.

1)Clinton Health Access Initiative ...….....$129,662,635  66.1%  
2)Clinton Global Initiative ......…….......;;;;;..$22,636,021  11.5%  
3)Clinton Presidential Center ......……........$11,287,293    5.8%  
4)Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership ...8,711,717     4.4%  

1)Clinton Health Access Initiative
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) was founded in 2002 with a transformational goal: help save the lives of millions of people living with HIV/AIDS in the developing world by dramatically scaling up antiretroviral treatment. When CHAI was founded, many viewed this goal as unreasonable because health systems in poor countries were too weak and prices of relevant drugs and diagnostic tests were too high. CHAI played a leadership role, working
 alongside governments and other partners, to lower the costs of treatment and help build the  in-country systems necessary to provide lifesaving treatment to millions of people.

2)Clinton Global Initiative
Established in 2005 by President Bill Clinton, the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) convened  global and emerging leaders to create and implement solutions to the world's most pressing challenges. Through CGI University, CGI America, CGI International and its flagship Annual Meeting, CGI brought together more than 200 sitting and former heads of state, more than 20 Nobel laureates, and hundreds of leading corporate CEOs, Presidents of foundations,
 Executive Directors of the most effective NGOs, and major philanthropists to commit to take action against these challenges. From 2005-2016, CGI members have made more than 3,600 Commitments to Action, which are improving the lives of over 435 million people in 180 countries.

3)Clinton Presidential Center
The Center is first and foremost a presidential library, but it is also a museum as well as a place for people to come together to study the issues of today so that we can meet the challenges of tomorrow. If you take a single message from your visit here, I hope it is the same one that motivated the tireless and dedicated people who worked with me through eight exciting years in Washington: Public service is a noble calling, and doing the people’s business is a solemn trust.

4)Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership
Created through a $100 million donation to the Clinton Foundation from Canadian mining billionaire Frank Giustra, CGEP is a nonprofit that’s not interested in nonprofit or CSR plays. Rather, it supports enterprises looking to create profits within four years, and reinvests the returns into other enterprises in its portfolio. In each deal, it looks for social returns, including long-term income for beneficiaries relative of the investment, among other factors.

By mcfarm - Oct. 14, 2018, 5:10 p.m.
Like Reply

"improving the lives of 435 million people"  talking about crap, this foundation is a well established back door fund pay for play to improve the lives of 2 very corrupt people

By TimNew - Oct. 14, 2018, 5:43 p.m.
Like Reply

I find it astounding that after all the evidence,  we still have dems attempting to defend the Clintons. And these same people convict Trump on pipe dreams.   Really weird.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/07/hillarys-america-secret-history-democratic-party-dinesh-dsouza-clinton-foundation/

"

In January 2015 a group of Haitians surrounded the New York offices of the Clinton Foundation. They chanted slogans, accusing Bill and Hillary Clinton of having robbed them of “billions of dollars.” Two months later, the Haitians were at it again, accusing the Clintons of duplicity, malfeasance, and theft. And in May 2015, they were back, this time outside New York’s Cipriani, where Bill Clinton received an award and collected a $500,000 check for his foundation. “Clinton, where’s the money?” the Haitian signs read. “In whose pockets?” Said Dhoud Andre of the Commission Against Dictatorship, “We are telling the world of the crimes that Bill and Hillary Clinton are responsible for in Haiti.”

By GunterK - Oct. 14, 2018, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Carl,

if I am not mistaken, a typical charitable foundation spends about 2-5% on management fees. The rest goes to charity.

Adding up the numbers for the Clinton foundation, as you represented them, they only spent 180 mill out of the 2 bill "donated" to them.

By mcfarm - Oct. 14, 2018, 7:58 p.m.
Like Reply

yes that is correct...1 billion for Hil, 1 billion for bill ....its so easy to be a corrupt lib

By metmike - Oct. 14, 2018, 8:29 p.m.
Like Reply

They are using tens of millions of dollars for "climate change adaptation" 

If you look at the projects, I will have to say that most of them are probably doing good things. 

Interestingly, the last 4 decades have featured the best weather and climate since the Medieval Warm Period, 1000 years ago that was this warm.

The increase in CO2 and climate is causing crop yields and food production to be up 25% from pre industrial levels. Adaptation........buying bigger bins to store  record crops (-:

Sea levels are increasing at 1 inch per decade and the planet is greening up. 

If you have a great project, call it something other than climate change adaptation please because to me, that is the code expression for "I'm using that term because it represents an open ended money sucking black hole that can be applied to almost anything I want using a bit of creativity" and because the climate has been getting better in most areas and it's based on the opposite of the facts of the real climate change. 

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/our-work/clinton-climate-initiative

But maybe thats just me as an independent  atmospheric scientist being too picky

By silverspiker - Oct. 14, 2018, 8:29 p.m.
Like Reply

"1)Clinton Health Access Initiative ...….....$129,662,635  66.1% "

================================================================================= 

PLEASE READ NUMBER 1 ON BOTH LISTS,,,

DO THEY MATCH ??? ... WHY YES THEY DO , YOU SICK COMMIE BASTARDS !!!!

Image may contain: text

By silverspiker - Oct. 14, 2018, 8:55 p.m.
Like Reply

YEH...tRUMP IS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT pOCOHANTAS VOTING....PPPFFFTTTTTTT

By carlberky - Oct. 14, 2018, 11:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"if I am not mistaken, a typical charitable foundation spends about 2-5% on management fees. The rest goes to charity."

Wrong, Gunter. For instance, the Red Cross, a 3.3 Billion Dollar Org, spends 26 cents of every dollar donated that year on  overhead costs, not 9 cents as the agency claims (ProPublica).

"Adding up the numbers for the Clinton foundation, as you represented them, they only spent 180 mill out of the 2 billion  "donated" to them."

Is that 2 billion since inception, and please give me the source for that number. Also, you surely don't expect them, or any  charity, to use all of their assets in one year.

By GunterK - Oct. 14, 2018, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

The 2 billion I mentioned were the funds in the foundation, not an annual income. I can't give you a link about this. In 2016, the WSJ reported that the foundation had moved 1.8 billion to Qatar, which was somewhat of a shock to the financial world. That was around the time when the republicans shouted "lock her up".

Either way, the 180 mill spent on charitable causes is a small amount of what the foundation had collected... kind of a "token" contribution, to make them look good

By cliff-e - Oct. 14, 2018, 11:35 p.m.
Like Reply

I've said before there's no longer a Republican Party, it's now the Party of Trump or "ReTrumplican" Party. His cult followers in gov't talk a good line about being disappointed in what Don the Con says but they vote "lock step" with whatever he wants.

Here's another example of scofflaw ReTrumplican behavior. There ain't a law they won't break.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/411194-watchdog-files-hatch-act-complain-against-sanders-for-picture-with

By carlberky - Oct. 15, 2018, 12:04 a.m.
Like Reply

"... and the removal of the Foundations funds to Qatar (according to WSJ)".

Gunter, I researched this with Google and could not find any reference to it. If the story was true, I'm sure mcfarm would still be talking about it.

Since the 2 Billion represents donations since inception in 2002, the figure seems reasonable. The 180 million is one
year's donation. We have 15 other years of donations. IMHO, the 180 million must represent a significant amount of what's left.

By mcfarm - Oct. 15, 2018, 7:01 a.m.
Like Reply

"I am sure mcfarm would still be talking about it"   and I were still talking about "it" I would be accurate with my report...a sleezy slush fund set up to enrich to crooks.....no way around the facts

By carlberky - Oct. 16, 2018, 11:50 a.m.
Like Reply

"I would be accurate with my report...a sleezy slush fund set up to enrich to crooks.....no way around the facts"

mc, I would be very interested in your factual report. Please, no rumors, no conjecture … let's have the facts.

By carlberky - Oct. 16, 2018, 12:21 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/07/hillarys-america-secret-history-democratic-party-dinesh-dsouza-clinton-foundation/

Tim, I've read your referenced blog, and I see no evidence, just conjecture and accusations.

If Trump had done those things he would be praised for cutting red tape and expediting  getting the aid to the Haitians as fast as possible.

By cfdr - Oct. 16, 2018, 9:56 p.m.
Like Reply

I think Bob Woodward's comments on the Clinton Foundation pretty much sum it up.  As I remember, he said it was a tax dodge for Bill and Hillary.

And, Woodward is not exactly a Trump supporter.

By GunterK - Oct. 16, 2018, 11:36 p.m.
Like Reply

you wrote ".... it was a tax dodge for Bill and Hillary....."

It's more than a tax dodge. When a Secretary of State receives a bribe, not only is it taxable income, it would also result in a jail sentence.

On the other hand, have that money directed into a charitable foundation, it's a) tax free, b) it looks like an honorable transaction, c) it makes the donor look better, and makes his "bribe" a tax-deductible "donation"