Trump gets laughed at on world stage
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Sept. 25, 2018, 3:38 p.m.
Comments
By mcfarm - Sept. 25, 2018, 3:42 p.m.
Like Reply

I saw the speech. There were no terrorists, commy's, or traitors to America in that room laughing

By mojo - Sept. 25, 2018, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

The only terrorist in attendance was Trump.

By silverspiker - Sept. 25, 2018, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Pres. Trump has the full support and backing of the American people in

undoing some of the inequities we have had thrust on us over the decades.

No other US president was willing to take on the unfairness of the world 

nations' taking advantage of us. Tariffs, UN spending, foreign aid, trade 

deficits, etc. are a few of the examples of practices that need to be confronted

and Pres. Trump is following thru for the American people.

By metmike - Sept. 25, 2018, 4:48 p.m.
Like Reply

They're laughing because they know what those accomplishments have done to the rest of the world................them.

Take the withdrawal from the completely fraudulent climate accord for instance.

Here, let's show you what it's really about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_withdrawal_from_the_Paris_Agreement

"President Obama committed the United States to contributing US$3 billion to the Green Climate Fund.[14] The Fund has set itself a goal of raising $100 billion a year by 2020."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Climate_Fund

Paris climate agreement chart.png

"U.S. President Obama committed the US to contributing US$3 billion to the fund. In January 2017, in his final 3 days in office, Obama initiated the transfer of a second $500m installment to the fund, leaving $2 billion owing. U.S. President Donald Trump in his announcement of U.S. withdrawal from the Paris Agreement on June 1, 2017, also criticized the Green Climate Fund, calling it a scheme to redistribute wealth from rich to poor countries."

The Climate Accord would do nothing to change climate or the weather. All it does is take money from the developed countries and give it to the undeveloped countries.

How do we know this with 100% certainty?

China is now the biggest CO2 emitter in the world by a wide margin....more than double the CO2 emissions of the US(emissions have been falling in the US for a decade without the agreement). The Accord allows China to continue to increase emissions to the year 2030..........more increases than any cuts the US would make. China would also get our money.

The reason is that the UN/Climate Accord considers China a poor country and the US a rich country. Rich countries pay in, poor countries get the money. All the rich countries make CO2 cuts(as a front-to make it appear as if that is going to do something),  the poor countries are allowed to continue to increase CO2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2018/07/01/china-emits-more-carbon-dioxide-than-the-u-s-and-eu-combined/#33f43edd628c

By mojo - Sept. 25, 2018, 5:01 p.m.
Like Reply

They laughed at him because they all know he's full of crap.

By mcfarm - Sept. 25, 2018, 6:23 p.m.
Like Reply

just signed a new deal with south korea...by several accounts China will soon be calling, if Canada deals, the eu is done so guess maybe you skipped over a few things...how does a lib live in the real world circled by so many facts they cannot face?

By metmike - Sept. 25, 2018, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

From CNN Politics:

Now here's somebody that knows what's best for America(-:

Macron rebukes Trump's isolationist message(todays speech)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/politics/macron-unga-speech-trump/index.html

"He saved perhaps his toughest words for the issue of climate change, which France has made a signature cause. The Trump administration backed out of the Paris Climate Agreement, making it the only country in the world that has rejected the pact, and has loosened domestic environmental regulations.

"Here there can be no short change," Macron declared, adding that even "those who deny it" are suffering the consequences. "In refusing collective actions certain individuals only make themselves more vulnerable," the French leader said.  

Macron praised the countries in the deal for keeping the Paris agreement intact "because we have decided to stay unified despite the US decision to withdraw. This is power and this is the way to overcome challenges." And he issued a suggestion to leverage that unity. 

"Let's stop signing trade agreements with those who don't comply with the Paris agreement," Macron said."

Here, let's help us to understand more of what it is that they actually want from the US:

Status of Pledges and Contributions made to the Green Climate Fund

https://www.greenclimate.fund/documents/20182/24868/Status_of_Pledges.pdf/eef538d3-2987-4659-8c7c-5566ed6afd19

Note that the Obama pledge is 30% of the entire worlds pledge to the Green Climate Fund..............why wouldn't the entire world be upset that the US withdrew?

Also note: China is not on that pledge list. They emit double the amount of CO2 as the US does. India is also not on that list.............and their emissions are going up.......but the accord is written so they don't have to pay the price that the US does. Of course they like the terms. 

Why would anybody with a lick of of critical thinking and putting the USA first, stay in such a horrible agreement constructed by an entity that puts the USA LAST........the United Nations.......and sadly our previous president. 

It would be one thing if it really could effect climate/weather in a positive, substantive way and our place was to lead the way..........but it would NOT.  I say that as an atmospheric scientist completely oblivious to any political considerations. 

we get it mike
0 likes
By frey_1999 - Sept. 25, 2018, 7:35 p.m.
Like Reply

you are happy that the clown is against  climate accord but at least be honest with yourself.

trump was being laughed at because everybody in the room knows he must constantly stroke himself every chance he gets.

not one thing he stated about his own self was truthful PERIOD.

his deal with NK is a best a joke, his wall is not being paid for by Mexico and his trade policy to this point have been an complete failure.

and everybody in the world beside his supporters understand this.

I have lived a long time in this world and have never known a country to be better off by doubling their annual defeict.

By metmike - Sept. 25, 2018, 7:58 p.m.
Like Reply

"trump was being laughed at because everybody in the room knows he must constantly stroke himself every chance he gets."

Yes, this is very true. He clearly displays his narcissism and personality flaws daily and surely this was another example of it. 

Note, however that Macron's rebuke of Trump's speech, especially focused on the Climate Accord. I did not pick that topic or his words. I can say though, based only on the rock solid science and terms of the Climate Accord, that pulling out of it was one of the smartest things that a president of the US has ever done.

Ironically, the entire world  emphatically criticizes him for that decision and even in his own country, he is bashed constantly by one side for doing, what I consider to be one of the smartest things ever  for this country.

I have no idea how the tariff war will end up or the tax cuts or the North Korea/Iran situations. I am not somebody that supports Trump on everything. I am not smart enough to predict whether one of more of those situations will end up as disasters........or pay off big.

Regardless, his objective in every case is for the actions to pay off big for the USA. That is crystal clear. 

However, there are people that are no smarter than me on those other topics that are 100% certain that his decisions will result in disasters......or pay off big. 

I'll stick with what I know when it comes to certainty............atmospheric science and the fraudulent Climate Accord. 

I have always been somebody that believes strongly in paying down the national debt, so call me very leery concerning his policies that will ramp it up.......so we can agree on that. 

By TimNew - Sept. 26, 2018, 3:30 a.m.
Like Reply

"I have always been somebody that believes strongly in paying down the national debt, so call me very leery concerning his policies that will ramp it up......."

That's assuming that his policies "ramp it up"..

All tax cuts can do is stimulate the economy, and ultimately increase federal revenue. This has been demonstrated several times in the past, so there is no reasonable doubt on the cause-effect.  What tax cuts cannot do is control spending, and congress, with Trumps approval, has squandered the benefits so far.

Congress and/or Trump have to take a hard line on spending.  If they do not, this does not mean the tax cuts were a failure.