200 billion in tariffs
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 17, 2018, 7:05 p.m.

So china refused to talk about trade with Trump

Today was supposed to be the day for 200 billion of tariffs. Did not happen, as much as I can see. News is dominated by hurricanes and supreme court nomination. Good cover for no tariffs in the news cycle.

Do you think Trump actually comes good on his 200 billion of tariffs against china

My bet is Trump does not have the nerve to do 200 billion of tariffs against china

China will stop all sales of rare earth metals to the USA if Trump did follow through with tariff threat. A Chinese editorial from the people's [something or other] paper made reference to no negtiations with a gun to their head and a minor sentence about rare earth metals

No way Trump will do 200 billion  in china trade tariff

the effect on business and manufactured goods would be huge

No more electric car batteries or hybrid vechicles, IPhones etc.

Comments
By wglassfo - Sept. 17, 2018, 9:17 p.m.
Like Reply

I get a big black eye on that prediction

My bad

By cfdr - Sept. 18, 2018, 9:55 a.m.
Like Reply

The world is slowly learning that Donald Trump does not bluff.

Quite possibly, even Justine Trudeau is coming to that realization.  Of course, in his case, it does look like, as Canadian analysts have said, that he will trash Canada's economy for political purposes.

By Lacey - Sept. 18, 2018, 4:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Sure he will. He should have done it already. We are at the end line if what China can attack. We have 350 billion to grab from here.  If they don't want to sell us rare earths, they get no food.  155 million jobs were lost, let's see if China can lose 50 million without a revolution.

By mcfarm - Sept. 18, 2018, 6:21 p.m.
Like Reply

wayne have you ever been right bout Trump yet? How about doing what any reasonable person would do....except libs of course......give him a chance because guess what, he won

By cliff-e - Sept. 18, 2018, 11:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump announced new tariffs and ag commodities go down. Trump has taken US agriculture to the "whipping post"again.