Anyone like to fly fish?
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by wxgrant - Sept. 4, 2018, 10:54 p.m.

This what I do any time I can get outside! 

Comments
By carlberky - Sept. 5, 2018, 12:18 p.m.
Like Reply

It's OK, Wayne. I got the same kind of response when I asked if anyone liked stamp collecting !

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2018, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

It's Grant!

He's  a television meteorologist too. With Larry and metmike, we might just have to rename this "WeatherForum" 

Never did any fly fishing but always wanted too. Thanks for helping to strike a chord with others here...............and Carl really did check to see if he had any stamp collecting pals here. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/9386/

Has anybody here fly fished before???

I'm certain, that cfdr has fly fished for decades and one of the reasons he's not posting is that he up in W.Canada fishing right now.

Has anybody taken up stamp collecting since Carl's post about it?

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2018, 12:42 p.m.
Like Reply

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/24653894/grant-dade/

Grant Dade is only the 3rd Chief Meteorologist in the 60-year history of KFVS-TV, following in the footsteps of legends Don McNeely and Bob Reeves.

Born the son of an Air Force pilot, Grant has been all over the country and has experienced all types of weather. At the age of five, he witnessed a softball sized hail storm and from then on, he was hooked on weather.

Grant's took a much different path to forecasting weather professionally than your typical meteorologist. Instead of following his passion for weather, Grant went to Auburn University and studied construction management. Toward the end of his time in college, he started working in the restaurant business and decided to pursue a career in restaurant management. For 15 years Grant managed various restaurant chains including Chili's, Copeland's, and Texas Roadhouse.

While working as a managing partner for Texas Roadhouse, Grant finally decided it was time for a career change and opted to follow his true passion. So he went back to school at Mississippi State, completing the Broadcast Meteorology Program and finishing at the top of his class with a 4.0 GPA.  

Grant's first "weather gig" was at WOAY-TV in Oak Hill, West Virginia, as the morning and midday meteorologist. After working in West Virginia for nine months, KLTV, the Raycom Media station in Tyler, Texas, offered Grant the same position where he worked for nearly seven years. While there, he won "Best Weathercast" from the Texas Associated Press of Broadcasters in 2010 and 2012. He also started a storm chasing campaign using his personal car that was totaled in a storm with softball sized hail. He eventually designed a state-of-the-art chase vehicle used to help educate and keep viewers safe during severe weather.

In addition to loving the weather, Grant enjoys fishing, photography, and cooking. He looks forward to a new journey in life and exploring the Heartland. Grant is married to his wife Anita and they have a daughter Halen, and yes, it's pronounced like the band Van Halen.

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2018, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

I was chief meteorologist for WEHT in Evansville IN from 1982-1993.

I flew into Hurricane Gloria on September 25th 1985:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gloria

By wxgrant - Sept. 5, 2018, 4:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Well, if you have not I suggest you try...so fun!   

By carlberky - Sept. 5, 2018, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

Sorry, Grant. I guess its time to play the " old age " card !

By cfdr - Sept. 7, 2018, 9:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Currently in BC near the coast swinging flies for steelhead.

I think it qualifies as an addiction.