SA beans
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Jan. 26, 2018, 7:10 a.m.

a major alert from Kory this am. Matto Grasso harvest at 8% v usual 16%. yield 25% below norm. This also means double crop corn way down in acres.  Also major alert of amazon rains the next 3 weeks of amounts of 8 to 25 inches. Many areas quality is already a concern. We could now add some more fundamental to the technical. If we close strong today we avoid a sell off and go to 1032 sooner than expected.......can  anybody better explain this block order deal yesterday that sent beans down 15 suddenly and why it was reported late

Comments
By Jim_M - Jan. 26, 2018, 8:10 a.m.
Like Reply

I've been riding a May call option for about 3 weeks now that is working out pretty decently.  I might try a contract today and scalp a little for the weekend.  

Re: SA beans
0 likes
By frey_1999 - Jan. 26, 2018, 10:32 a.m.
Like Reply

why do you think this news is not moving the market higher?

this is a real question what you posted should be something in this type of trending market that pushed the market into the next level.

By Jim_M - Jan. 26, 2018, 11:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Because traders are worrying about the repercussions of Trump's tariffs

By Jim_M - Jan. 26, 2018, 11:24 a.m.
Like Reply

As far as trading from the short side.  Eventually.  I think beans are WAY over priced.  

By Jim_M - Jan. 26, 2018, 11:57 a.m.
Like Reply

And of course there is this on the back burner. 

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

By mcfarm - Jan. 26, 2018, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

if we could of made it back to 92 or 93 today would of not been worried...now 977 may be in play early next week but another wave up is to come believe it or not

By jim - Jan. 26, 2018, 9:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Ok guys...enough of the crap.........unless the Arg crop falls bellow 50....no story!

If the weekend rains do not proof out......fine. But you still have to trim the World stocks.

When? 

US...no biz.......chiner buyin elsewhere..........get with the program....do any of you study charts and do the balance sheets?...............sad

so this guy CORY is the god?   I think not................

I have already been tapped that shhitat....hav fun

PS

Jules, by the way...the site loads like a barge

By mcfarm - Jan. 26, 2018, 9:12 p.m.
Like Reply

JIM I am sure you know often times there is no logic to certain markets...by the way the Chinese were quite in Brazil also and unhappy over the offers they are getting there

By mcfarm - Jan. 28, 2018, 6:37 p.m.
Like Reply

some reports tonite of a strong opening  plus 6 on beans

By jim - Jan. 28, 2018, 7:11 p.m.
Like Reply

I would not be surprised by a positive start tonight. I just got the weather and the profile is dry for ARG. But...and there is always a BUT.......they just got another inch this weekend. Very wet drought.  So we go back up and test last weeks number. This is normal to me. We currently have about 25% of the ARG crop area under stress. So it moves to 50% over the next 10 days......then it rains again as forecasted. What do you have for a shortfall in production?  Anything over 50 MMT will not be a mkt mover. We are overvalued and loosing business daily to Brazil. China is bidding for March Brazilian beans. The quality is MUCH better....protein etc.  So I have no idea why one would try to make this current state of affairs a bullish story. But.......I know how producers are.....grasping at air. Meanwhile the story is the short side and has been for 3 years. Who has won? Not the folks I have read on AG talk or any other place. It will never change. . . . I know producers are always long.....so hedge or sell. HOLDITH will get you the wrath of god.

Peace out

By mcfarm - Jan. 29, 2018, 6:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Jim your words and experience are appreciated very much. I will be a seller. Soon. Margins are tight, rent, seed, and chems not giving much. 2018 will take the ones who already burned thru working capitol last couple of years. Just like this present mini rally there will be other weather related rallys but does look like a net of 10 dollars I going to be tough