trump!
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Aug. 27, 2018, 11:51 a.m.

sorry you sobbing leftists...Trump has done it again...next on the map is Canada, then Europe and finally china...all in good time.

Comments
Re: trump!
0 likes
By metmike - Aug. 27, 2018, 12:32 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I moved this to NTR since there is nothing stated that relates to trading in that post. 

0 likes
By cutworm - Aug. 27, 2018, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Mcfarm did you get any hail damage Saturday. Saw pics of baseball sized hail in Greensburg. And wind damaged corn near Greenfield. Got 1.3 in here, but no bad weather. We need dry weather now.

Re: Re: trump!
0 likes
By mcfarm - Aug. 27, 2018, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

hi cut worm. From what I gather the major damage was between Greensburg and Rushville.......saw lots of pictures and there was major damage.......you will learn new cuss words running that kind of corn

By silverspiker - Aug. 27, 2018, 3:06 p.m.
Like Reply
By silverspiker - Aug. 27, 2018, 3:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Image result for trump boxing china  meme

0 likes
By wglassfo - Aug. 27, 2018, 6:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow

Tough crowd today. So let me reply

Have you ever, for one minute, considered how lucky you are, to have Canada as a neighbour

Take a look around the globe and the borders some share and consider what could be

N Korea/S Korea

West Germany/East Germany

Greece/Turkey

Israel/Palestine

India/Pakistan

China/Russia

America has Canada. About as inoffensive a neighbour as you could ever hope for. In spite of all your boasts of "American exceptionalism" and chants of "America first" we just smile, do our thing and go about our business.

On average we are better educated, have a higher standard of living, free health care with no worries about Health care bills causing BK, and less gun problems.

We are a member of NATO, we fought along side you in WW1, WW11, Korea, the Gulf War, the Bosnian War Afghanistan, the Kosovo War and came to your defense during 9/11.

There was one time when Canada took a pass on one of your wars. Vietnam. Good call Canada

We have been steady consumers of American imports, reliable exporters of metal and petroleum products. [37 of your states depend on Canadian imports] We have partnered with NASA in your space missions.

During 9/11 many aircraft were diverted to Newfoundland, an island province on the East coast, where Americans were housed in people's homes for two weeks and treated like royalty

In return, your administration has slapped a 20% tariff on the products of their only paper mill, thus threatening it's survival. Thanks for our hospitality

And what do Canadians expect of you in return

To be respected for who and what we are. Canadians

I would say that we want to be a good neighbour. Much better than what could be. Both as a neighbour and ally.

But the King of Chaos couldn't leave well enough alone. There is no trade deficit. Based on his delusions of perpetual victimhood, out of the clear blue, he has declared economic war on Canada. Why Canada??? And he did it based on Canada being a national security risk to the USA. for no good god#!m reason, other than the voices in his head told him it was a war he could win. So why not???

Trump went ahead and imposed a tariff on Canadian aluminum and steel, even though you have a trade surplus with Canada on those products. Of course Trudeau retaliated in kind. What would you do??

How else do you deal with somebody who claims to be a victim. Certainly not what the neighbouring USA states closest to Canada think. Both sides,  the Dems and Pubs, of these states, tell us they have no problem. Except Trump is their problem

So what does Trump do?? He threatens a new wave of tariffs on automobiles, even though 70% of the components originate in the USA. Just a temporary spat, right?? So your White House economic advisors tell us. Except for one thing. Trump chooses to forget and his advisors try to tell him. Canada buys cars and trucks. Is 30% of components made in Canada excessive.??? Canada has offered to take a hard look at a possible auto trade imbalance, but the Detroit auto manufacturing industry, tell us they have supply lines established over many yrs, starting with the auto pact, which morphed into NAFTA and business would be severely impacted with new rules. Parts go back and forth more than one time before eventually going on the production line. Detroit, which is the head office for the three big manufacturing  is in the USA, which you well know. Canada, obviously does not have head office, or much of a decision about where auto manufacturing occurs. 

You can imagine the smile on Vlads face in the Kremlin as the NATO pact unravels a bit more each day. Why not, except Russia is not a friend.

This is Canada. Your closest ally, friend and neighbour.

Is this what you really think about Canadians. We may not always agree with our leader. Who does?? But we stand united for our country. Would you not do the same??? What would you want us to do. Bow down to the king. Or is this personal???

Is it personal with a thin skinned King Trump, who thinks he can, and wants things his way.  Canada isn't trying to do you any harm. But many others would and are planning to do you harm. We have stood by your side over many yrs. We hope this never changes, but golly, Trump is sure looking in the wrong direction.

Just an example of a recent USA border official question. One cross border Canadian traveller was asked what the persons thoughts were about Trump. I have no idea what the response was, but how do you respond to such a question. This is not a question about the USA. This is an opinion about Trump. Is this a liberal or conservative official??? The up shot was the traveller[s] was turned back into Canada and not allowed re-entry for the next 5 yrs. This is a true story. What is your country thinking. What do we say???

We are not terrorists planning an attack on the White House. We have crossed the border for yrs.

I am not looking for trouble. I  buy products made in the USA. We can buy from china here in Canada, same as you can. We have a favourite place to buy products made in the USA. We are your friends and a consumer of USA products. We like the products we buy. So if I am asked the question, what do I say??

We are leaving the back channels open. We are ignoring the Trump buttons, re: national security. We think you should be ashamed and embarrassed of Trump re: Canada.. Your people of the progressive persuasion, in your country might think a bit, long and hard.  Maybe some where in the heartland, on the coast, any place, somebody might become a bit more aware of who Canada really is and has done for you.