Changing to no till farming to reduce CO2 in the air?
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Aug. 26, 2018, 1:51 p.m.

I just happened to see this today for the first time. It claims that if just 11% of our world’s crop acres were to be changed to no tilling, the increased CO2 emissions into the air could be negated! Any opinions? I’d especially like to hear from the farmers who post here. Here’s the link:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-08-25/old-school-farming-methods-could-save-planet

Comments
By carlberky - Aug. 26, 2018, 11 p.m.
Like Reply

You will shortly get an educational opinion from our esteemed weather expert and moderator.

By metmike - Aug. 27, 2018, 7:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks carl,

Ordinarily you would be spot on with the prediction and that was sort of my first reaction. However, Larry already understands everything in my typical climate change posts(epistles as Alex called them) and I believe he was not interested in my views(that he and everybody else know all about).

Instead, I think he was hoping to hear from our farmers on no till.

"I’d especially like to hear from the farmers who post here."

Actually, independent of whether no till has an effect on that beneficial gas, CO2, I think a discussion about no till here would be an excellent one...........since we have numerous producers on board.

mcfarm, mcfarmer, cutworm, cliff, PLL......many others, how much of your crop is no tll?