New laws in California
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Jan. 6, 2018, 12:01 p.m.

As of January 1, a large number of new laws came into effect. Besides the much discussed "legalize pot" law, the following caught my attention......

1)  employers are no longer allowed to ask job applicants about their immigration status. This post is almost TR, since IMHO this new law will allow employers to hire illegals at low wages, and reduce employment opportunities for legal applicants.

2) in the past, federal agents frequently raided "sweat shops" suspected of employing illegal aliens. They can no longer do this.... they have to get a court order first, and the employees have to be given 72 hours notice. 

3) elephants can no longer be handled with "bull hooks"

No, I am not making this up

Go California, go!

Comments
By GunterK - Jan. 8, 2018, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Julie, 

"....-until a big problem comes....".... like a fire.....or an earthquake

I agree..... States should have the right to decide on local issues. However, immigration is a national issue, and a matter of national security. IMHO, no state should be allowed to go their own road on such issues.

I live in CA, yet, I am all for punishing those cities who defy federal law on issues of national interest.

By TimNew - Jan. 8, 2018, 2:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Borders and immigration are a constitutionally defined responsibility of the federal government and fall squarely under it's jurisdiction.