Traders are around BUT
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by bcb - Jan. 4, 2018, 7:12 p.m.

Need to sit on my hands a lot cuz I'm a broker. BUT do get around with comments using IMHO.

Next people don't like bear markets. Grains are dead with no real movement for the Bull or Bear.

Short trading ranges.

IMHO BIG report on the 12th. HOPE IMHO is a break and market action fades the report for both corn and beans.

Ch range imho 357-359 highs low 342-341. HOPE is low's for the report and then sideways to higher into Feb.

Comments
By frey_1999 - Jan. 4, 2018, 8:11 p.m.
Like Reply

with the weak dollar one would think exports ( of all types ) would be better than current pace.

are we seeing reaction to Trump's America first policy ?

By bcb - Jan. 4, 2018, 9:01 p.m.
Like Reply

supply/demand =price.

World knows there is over production and end users just don't have to panic.

Corn and wheat just 2 or 3 weeks ago became very completive in the World markets.

No rush for a good rally...so bunts= singles and don't try to steal second.

By Vandenplas - Jan. 5, 2018, 6:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Is there any movement, surreptitious or otherwise, to remove or reduce the ethanol subsidy?  If so, the corn price could dip to $2.00--maybe even less. 

There needs to be a flushing of the toilet regarding obscene farmland prices.  $2.50 corn would do that.  It might happen at $2.75. 

By mcfarm - Jan. 5, 2018, 8:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Obscene farmland prices....perhaps you might explain that one....a combine is 600,000, an pickup is 70,000..... the dow is reaching for 30,ooo....1 bag a seed corn has passed 300....one bag of 130,000 seeds of seed beans has passed 70/bag.... could go on on .....and you think farmland is obscene???  really, where among these "investments" would you rather park your money?

By Vandenplas - Jan. 5, 2018, 8:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Happy New Year, mcfarn.  ;)

Without the farm subsidies, land prices, equipment prices, seed prices, etc.,  would be much less--and  our federal income  taxes would be lower as well.

And I know, your being a right winger,  you  certainly support getting government out of our lives, lowering our taxes, and making America great again.

By mcfarm - Jan. 5, 2018, 9:08 a.m.
Like Reply

been through this rodeo many times with you but I will try again....the question was even though you state farm land prices are obscene, where else would you rather park your money?  Question had nothing t d with politics, subsidies, or the knives you like to throw

By Vandenplas - Jan. 5, 2018, 9:42 a.m.
Like Reply

I have no money to "park." 

By Vandenplas - Jan. 5, 2018, 10:31 a.m.
Like Reply

And just for the record, I asked  a question about ethanol subsidy, which you ignored, and you chose to ask me a question about obscene farmland prices.

Which rodeo did you attend?