The American Fascist
29 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Dec. 22, 2017, 10:13 a.m.

Comments
By GunterK - Dec. 22, 2017, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

What's a "fascist?

The original Fascist of our times is Mussolini. He organized a small army of militants, dressed in black uniforms, to intimidate opponents, using violence. They were called the Fasci di combattimento.....hence the term "Fascist"

Can this happen in the US?

it already is happening

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2l8wvwh.jpg[/IMG]

and

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/3307lzl.jpg[/IMG]

By GunterK - Dec. 22, 2017, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply

What's a "fascist?

The original Fascist of our times is Mussolini. He organized a small army of militants, dressed in black uniforms, to intimidate opponents, using violence. They were called the Fasci di combattimento.....hence the term "Fascist"

Can this happen in the US?

it already is happening

and

By TimNew - Dec. 22, 2017, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

But it's OK Gunter.  These people are using fascist  techniques to silence fascists.  But first,  you have to understand and accept that fascists are anyone who enagages in "hate speech". And of course, hate speech is any word or phrase that contradicts your beliefs.

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2017, 3:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Stop Trump's agenda to make America great at any cost.......with no plan of your own, other than to destroy Trump. Everything he stands for, everybody that works with him.

Use fake news about him colluding with Russia(still no evidence). 

Use fake news about his brilliant decision on climate change. 

Use fake news about his pro USA energy policies. 

Use fake news about his pro USA immigration policies.

Use fake news about his positive economic growth and jobs policies. 

Use fake news about his tax cuts. 

Spin and twist facts into fake news that absurdly connects him to the KKK and White Supremacists. 

Make crazy connections to him and Hitler that suggest similar end points which make absolutely no sense except in deluded, captured minds that are trapped in the CNN era "cult" belief system which is part of the game plan of the democrats today. 

If you are one of these millions of brainwashed people.......congratulations! The advances in technology and communications, including social media and biased, unethical major network news sources have converted you into part of one of the biggest religious(political) cults in history.

The hate president Trump cult. 

The ones at the top, the cult leaders know what they are doing and why they are doing it. The millions of naive, blind followers(who are increasing because of the group think, convincing sounding crapola that is fed to them) are led like rats following the pied piper. Never looking around to appreciate that Trumps agenda is actually designed to make America great.  Or questioning the nonsense accusations that Trump colluded with Russia. 

The same ones that tell us that, the best weather/climate and CO2 levels in over 1,000 years(since it was last this warm) is causing unprecedented, extreme weather and climate and if we don't take immediate actions now and do exactly as they say,  it will be catastrophic for humans and the planet(even though life always does better when its warmer).

The funniest thing is their inability to see the blatantly obvious fact, right in front of them that contradicts this false narrative about us killing the planet.

The planet is greening up in a big way, thanks to the increase in the entirely beneficial gas CO2. Just like CO2 being entirely beneficial to life on this planet, Trump and his policies are beneficial to America.  

IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2l8wvwh.jpg[/IMG]

globe of Earth from North Pole perspective

This image shows the change in leaf area across the globe from 1982-2015.

Credits: Boston University/R. Myneni

"An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States."

Trump also wants to "green up" America. Green as in money and productivity. 

By mojo - Dec. 23, 2017, 8:51 a.m.
Like Reply

It's difficult for me to comprehend how seemingly intelligent people could become so blinded & brainwashed by the Rump. 

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2017, 10:58 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes,

You guys are just perceiving the world from minds captured in a cult like thinking/belief system.

Those in it, by definition, think that those that believe the opposite of them are the crazy/wrong ones.

Al Quada and ISIS are good examples of cults that have captured the minds of its followers.........that will die for the cause of their religion.

Catastrophic Climate Change is another example of a religious type faith in busted global climate models predicting the weather for the next 100 years and labelling CO2 as carbon pollution that is going to destroy the planet(which is greening up with the best weather for life in 1,000 years) if we don't do what the leaders tell us to do now....even though carbon is a solid and CO2 is a entirely beneficial gas.

95% of the greenhouse gas effect comes from H2O(water vapor), so water is hydrogen pollution using this  absurd definition. 

Now we have the hate and destroy Trump cult, with millions of seemingly intelligent captured minds that are unable to see the many benefits to their country that his policies/agenda is intended to have and represents the platform that he stood on when he was legally voted in as president. 

Rejecting everything related to Trump and vilifying him/destroying his credibility by spinning everything anti Trump........vs actually looking at legit facts is the MO.

Just like, with climate change, I often get accused of being a "climate denier"  somebody that still thinks the earth is flat, thinks the moon landing was faked and is being paid by big oil and big coal to try to sabotage those whose only mission is to save the planet. 

In reality, I am just an independent, objective atmospheric scientist that shares the authentic data that the cult gate keepers completely hide.........exposing them to the minds of those that are not captured.

Unfortunately, the way the human mind often works is that it it rejects everything that doesn't match up with what it has already decided is the truth before looking at the facts. 

And the power of the gate keepers of fraudulent information has been magnified by several orders of magnitude thanks to the media(including social) and the internet.

Which is why my posts on climate change/CO2 are empirical data and scientific studies. The data is the data. It's not my opinion that the earth is greening up......crops are setting records.........tornadoes going lower........global drought lower......hurricanes not increasing......sea levels not accelerating higher.......temperatures not warming as fast as models......it was this warm 1,000, 2,000 and 3,500 years ago...........heavy rains increasing.

Those are indisputable facts. Just like Trump pulling out of the fraudulent climate accord, promoting US fossil fuel energy, job creation, economy stimulating  agenda is indisputable.............for those that are able to see the obvious. 

By mojo - Dec. 23, 2017, 2:44 p.m.
Like Reply

How somebody in the Rump's cult accuses anyone who isn't in Rump's cult of being cult like. This complete lack of self awareness is so weird.

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2017, 7:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks guys. Couldn't have written your responses for you any better to prove the point.

Merry Trollmas!

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2017, 10:56 p.m.
Like Reply

My extremely liberal 26 year old son that lives in Colorado is in for the holidays. Last Christmas, we had some political debates that related to comparing the policies of his choice for president, Hillary Clinton to the choice of my wife and I, Donald Trump. 

My side of the family enjoys sometimes heated debates(always respectful) and analytical discussions. My wife tries to avoid them.

Our youngest son, sometimes has a few too many drinks and can get very intense expressing his views if they differ from somebody else in the room . My wife picked him up at the airport yesterday and mentioned wanting to avoid being part of any heated political debates and to just have fun enjoying each others company this Christmas. 

According to what my wife told me an hour ago, this is how the conversation went(I asked her to repeat it a 2nd time because it was such a surprise)

Son: "Whats to debate, there's nothing to debate, Trump is doing a good job"

Wife: (shocked) "seriously? What makes you say that now?"

Son: "You would have to be blind not to see it. He's doing a good job, it's obvious just looking at everything that he's doing a good job"

This comes from somebody that I assumed would be part of the brain washed, destroy Trump cult for the next 3 years. 

Even though he's been living in Colorado for 4 years, in the 10 days prior to the election, the Democratic party of Colorado called here, in Indiana, 7 separate times to remind him to vote on election day.  The first 3  times they called, I politely told them that he moved to Colorado 4 years ago and they were calling his old home in Indiana...........figuring that there would not be any more calls. 

On the 4th call, I asked the girl if she realized that she and the others were calling a home in Indiana and wasn't that obvious from the area code. She/they did not realize that. They intended to only call people who were registerted democrats  and living in the state of Colorado.

We had a pleasant conversation and I thanked her for volunteering her time to support her candidate(Clinton)..........not mentioning that I was voting for Trump. I asked that she take this number off the list, so the calls would stop and they would not be wasting their time calling here.

We got 4 more calls after that, to remind our son to vote on election day. There were actually 2 different Colorado political organizations that were placing these calls.  Each time, I nicely asked them to take that number off their list and that our son no longer lives here.

My wife is a registered Republican. How many calls did she get to remind her to vote?

Zero. 

I'm an independent and did not get any calls either. 

Clinton obviously outspent Trump by a wide margin and had much more conventional support. Good thing that Trump used Russia and Putin to steal millions of Clinton votes. 

The captured minds know this happened with absolute certainty. A year just has not been enough time to find evidence of Trump colluding with Russia. 

Sort of like us being told that CO2=pollution and the increase is causing extreme weather........as the planet greens up and we experience the best weather and climate in 1,000 years.

We are told that Trump broke laws, colluded and is doing all these horrible things to America..........even as his policies Make America Great. 

Dang, even my ultra liberal son can see that Trumps policies are good for America.

By JP - Dec. 23, 2017, 11:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Pssst! Ou'reyay astingway ouryay eathbray.

By TimNew - Dec. 24, 2017, 7:15 a.m.
Like Reply

I think the greatest fear on the left at this point is that Trump will succeed in creating a strong economy where people enjoy more freedom.

You hear so little about all the good news.

By metmike - Dec. 24, 2017, 11:29 a.m.
Like Reply

vandenplas,

You must have me confused with Tim. 

I never told a stirring loins story. I have never communicated anything about Roy and you don't have to believe ME about my ultra liberal son story either, even if you don't believe it if it came from Tim.

Merry Christmas to you too. 

ps. I am still sort of in shock that my son said this to my wife. He got in late last night and is still sleepig but I will have to hear more from him. It's possible that he responded this way, in part to enhance the peace for her Christmas(which would be a bit out of character for him).

It does seem to suggest early evidence that the widespread positives of Trumps first year agenda may start to overwhelm the 90+% negative coverage he gets from the media(near 100%, round the clock from stations like CNN) and some Trump haters with a few objective brain cells with have to reconcile policies with reality.

This is what always happens in the end. Just like the last 40 years of the planet greening up and record smashing crop yields and slight beneficial warming and sea levels NOT accelerating higher are countering the made up stuff, like every drought and hurricane is now worse from humans(data shows the opposite).

If they stuck to the authentic facts(heavy rain events are worse because the atmosphere has more H2O) they would be on solid scientific ground, but then, we would not have a catastrophic future scenario, using simulations of the weather/climate going out 100 years anymore................which is the entire point of it, including the UN's Climate Accord which would have a miniscule effect on global temps, even if they were right but a huge effect on the changes between developed and undeveloped countries(balancing them by taking down the strong and pulling up the weak).

The stronger the country, the more damage incurred by the Climate Accord.  The US is at the top and has the farther to fall. I read the entire document. This is a solid fact. 

Donald Trump is president of the United States. Why would pulling out of the Climate Accord not be a very smart decision for HIS country?

Not on board with working with the rest of the world to save the planet?

The planet loves the increasing CO2, it's begging for more. We invented catalytic convertors(that ironically take real pollution and turn it into beneficial CO2---25 of todays cars make as much real pollution as 1 car from the 1960's) and smoke stack scrubbers that remove over 90% of the real fossil fuel air pollution.

Reduction of nitrogen oxides to nitrogen (N2)

• 2 CO + 2 NO → 2 CO2 + N2
  • hydrocarbon + NO → CO2 + H2O + N2
  • 2 H2 + 2 NO → 2 H2O + N2

Oxidation of carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide

• 2 CO + O2 → 2 CO2

Oxidation of unburnt hydrocarbons (HC) to carbon dioxide and water, in addition to the above NO reaction

• hydrocarbon + O2 → H2O + CO2

So if you understand basic chemistry or want to look at the end product of 2 out of the 3 of the processes above in a catalytic convertor, you will see that under the new definition of CO2, they actually create pollution. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter

Climate science has been hijacked by labeling beneficial CO2 as pollution and programming global climate models to simulate the atmosphere for the next 100 years with equations that triple the effect of CO2 using H2O as an amplifier, then speculating and exaggerating wildly about weather, which is the opposite of what has actually been happening with the beneficial warming that has been occurring so far.

Life  has always done better when its this warm or warmer by up to several degrees and worse when its colder..............and that's exactly what life has been telling us(for those that are looking), despite the constant fake news reported about every extreme weather event now being caused by human caused climate change. 

The same thing is happening with Trump. The media ignores the benefits and positive realities of his policies/agenda and instead, focuses on things like  exaggerated and speculated fake news about collusion with Russia. 

We often wonder how the people in Germany could have fallen for the brainwashing of Adolf Hitler. 

It's ironic, that the brainwashing here is coming from the media's speculation and fake news about president Trump. 

Part of successfully pulling something like this off, is to acuse your opponent of doing exactly what you are doing(I am accused of being a "climate denier, trying to sabotage the efforts of those whose mission is to save the planet, when the reality is that I share the authentic data and the deniers of it, are the ones calling me a denier).

The media, swamp and fake new sources want you to believe that Trump is doing the brainwashing..........as part of their brainwashing.

One only needs to look at Donald Trumps actions as president to know that everything he does, is working towards making the US great.  

The brainwashing media and fake new stories want you to believe that  Nationalism and patriotism is like Nazi Germany......because Trump, making America Great is just like Hitler making Gemany great.......with zero evidence.(just like with climate change, every drought/hurricane was made worse by humans.........with zero evidence)

All Trump is doing is trying to make good on the  promises of the platform that he ran on and passing policies that are good for America.

Those that vehemently oppose him and his agenda, want to prevent him from making America great. To stop the clear benefits of his policies from helping our country.  

After a year of fake news stories about Russia, we still have no substantive evidence of Trumps involvement........but somehow, millions won't stop believing it.

After a year of Trump doing what he said he would do before being elected, we still have nothing but rock solid evidence to prove it...........but somehow, millions will NOT believe what is front of them because they choose instead to believe in the make believe world of the media that hates Trump. 

By metmike - Dec. 24, 2017, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

"when you, tim and his cult can finally leave the 2016 election and the evil ways of Hillary behind and focus--if you can--on the present."

Nice complete misrepresentation of me vandy. Do you even read anything that I post about Trump? Oh, yeah, I forgot, this is a quintessential trait of a person that interprets everything with their cult like tunnel vision...........or  just being a troll intending to disrupt by making false statements. 

"What is not reassuring is your penchant for beating the droning dead drum of how C02 is the greatest thing since the bilbe."

Glad that you do read my climate stuff. Sorry that you continue to dislike it so much. Imagine that, a professional atmospheric scientist that often discusses the weather and climate. 

So what is your area of expertise in life? Are we to just assume that its bashing people that you don't like?  Or, is there something else? Some talent or expertise that you've been hiding from us all these years?

Funny thing is that this particular thread has probably gotten the forum back to the closest that it was previously.............and is also probably the most non productive, least rewarding part of it. 

Speaking of which, the clock continues to tick julie. I got caught up in this particular thread which is feeding our trolls and giving me some fun but its a huge pain in the butt to come here and try to use this new forum................for all the reasons previously stated.

My Ipad will not even let me load comments much of the time. Since you never responded to 5 previous messages, this is the place to leave them and be very frank. Maybe you have decided the forum is dead and not worth it. 

By metmike - Dec. 24, 2017, 6:58 p.m.
Like Reply

"Yet you continue to "run to Mama", asking that I be banned."

I have never once asked that Alex or julie ban you. I told Alex to give you another chance in fact when he was sharing his frustrations with me. You are making this up or imagining it. This is what I posted below............it has ZERO to do with you and everything with how messed up  the current format is and julie not responding to my numerous  emails earlier this month that offered suggestions. 

"Speaking of which, the clock continues to tick julie. I got caught up in this particular thread which is feeding our trolls and giving me some fun but its a huge pain in the butt to come here and try to use this new forum................for all the reasons previously stated.

My Ipad will not even let me load comments much of the time. Since you never responded to 5 previous messages, this is the place to leave them and be very frank. Maybe you have decided the forum is dead and not worth it."

What is it in there that you think is asking her to ban you? 

Interesting that the first time I tried to copy that text above, it "borked" the forum....again  and I had to start over .....again. It's actually pretty silly for me and others to have to be going thru this because of bad changes. That is my point.........again. As well as the silly likes button and other things. 

It's not my forum but if I am having this many problems(and you too pointed out some of the same ones) then others are too. 

By metmike - Dec. 24, 2017, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

"when you, tim and his cult can finally leave the 2016 election and the evil ways of Hillary behind and focus--if you can--on the present."

Nice complete misrepresentation of me vandy. Do you even read anything that I post about Trump? Oh, yeah, I forgot, this is a quintessential trait of a person that interprets everything with their cult like tunnel vision...........or  just being a troll intending to disrupt by making false statements. 

"What is not reassuring is your penchant for beating the droning dead drum of how C02 is the greatest thing since the bilbe."

Glad that you do read my climate stuff. Sorry that you continue to dislike it so much. Imagine that, a professional atmospheric scientist that often discusses the weather and climate. 

So what is your area of expertise in life? Are we to just assume that its bashing people that you don't like?  Or, is there something else? Some talent or expertise that you've been hiding from us all these years?

Funny thing is that this particular thread has probably gotten the forum back to the closest that it was previously.............and is also probably the most non productive, least rewarding part of it. 

Speaking of which, the clock continues to tick julie. I got caught up in this particular thread which is feeding our trolls and giving me some fun but its a huge pain in the butt to come here and try to use this new forum................for all the reasons previously stated.

My Ipad will not even let me load comments much of the time. Since you never responded to 5 previous messages, this is the place to leave them and be very frank. Maybe you have decided the forum is dead and not worth it. 

By TimNew - Dec. 24, 2017, 9:31 a.m.
Like Reply

BTW MetMike, that's a great story. It's good to see you passed some of your common sense on to your son.  In spite of his apparent liberal leanings, there may be hope for him. As the saying goes, if you are under 30 and not liberal, you have no heart.  If you are over 30 and remain liberal,  you have no brain.

It would seem there is at least one person who doubts the veracity of your story,  but I think most here would agree that there has never been a reason to doubt your credibility. However, to some mind sets, the definition of "Lies" are facts they don't like.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 24, 2017, 10:45 a.m.
Like Reply

seems your son is the one in 100K, as trumps poll numbers would show.

He has the lowest approval rating in history and has lost about 25% off those that voted for him.

I talk to people everyday that have come to the conclusion that his lack of a  economic Plan are setting the US up for a deep downfall. 

but I guess that deficits don't matter --  this is the third republican President in the last four to promote huge deficits well into our future in order to give their large donors a huge kick back.

I have grown to miss the GOP of my youth.  

By TimNew - Dec. 24, 2017, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

And polls showed Hillary would have an easy win. We'll see what happens to Trumps approval if/when the economy continues to roar as it has.

I think it's a little soon to be projecting the"Trump Deficit" as we have not yet even gotten very far into his first fiscal year as president. I hope you are not one of those people that thinks a tax cut is an automatic addition to deficits. That "fixed quantity" economic outlook is hopelessly flawed.

Here's a chart of deficits as percent of GDP. I bet Trump never comes close to Obama.

See the source image

By metmike - Dec. 24, 2017, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

seems your son is the one in 100K, as trumps poll numbers would show.

He has the lowest approval rating in history and has lost about 25% off those that voted for him.

frey,

This is true but how could it not be with 90% of his news coverage being negative?

People think CO2=pollution.........because thats what gets reported. People think that extreme weather has increased(decreasing the temp gradient with latitude has DECREASED much of it) because thats what gets reported. 

Please note that I am an independent atmospheric scientist that doesn't use "what gets reported" for my source.....I use the empirical data and authentic scienfic analysis. 

With regards to my son. I just spoke to him. He says that he goes back and forth on this because he greatly dislikes Trump so much.  He said he was back to more anti Trump again after watching a BBC documentary about the Trump family building their family fortune on corruption. Again, this shows the negative impact that the media is having on Trumps ratings.A

I am with you on the deficit thing. Despite me giving Trump's policies a high mark, I am not sure about the tax cuts and don't like his position with North Korea but could be wrong.

I also think that our health care system is so very, very broken, that it can't be fixed. Most people have no clue how bad it really is. I spent numerous days doing the homework for a individual plan for my wife and I. 

The private insurance plans only offer limited coverage(usually 6 months). that have to be rewritten from scratch every 6 months. No 1 year or continuation policies......none, nada, zero. This is so that they never have to cover pre existing conditions. Every time that you start your new policy, the conditions that you had before are pre existing and don't have to be covered. This is key for me because I have several of them(including a torn left shoulder rotator cuff and damaged right eye cornea that might need a transplant). These will never  be covered with any private insurance policy that we would purchase. This is not the case with group policies just individual policies which my wife and I would need.

Then we have the exchange(Obama care). All pre existing conditions are covered. Of course you pay out the whazoo because:

1. People with pre existing conditions can rack up some massive bills that everybody else has to fund.

2. Lower income people have their insurance subsidized by the govnerment, so the higher income people like us, have to pay for them. 

So we had 2 choices. Not be covered for my pre existing conditions and have a horrible over priced plan that doesn't cover most things or be covered for pre existing conditions and pay MUCH MORE than the already over priced plan.

Fortunately, my wife has an agreement with her employer that they will pay for a health insurance plan up to $1,920/month. So that is what we are doing. No kidding, $23,000/year for our Obama care health insurance.

It's the Gold plan for Ambetter, which is the ONLY provider available for anybody living in this county of Indiana. We can't shop elsewhere. We either accept their rates..........or go to the private insurance market...........and by the way, if we bought private insurance, we could still be subject to the penalty for not having Obama care. 

In 2017, we were insured with Anthem but they withdrew from our area because ironically,  they lost money.........even at these rates. Probably the covering pre existing conditions part is what sunk them. 

The biggest problem is the stratospheric costs for health care. With an aging population, this is only going to get much worse. It's truly is a recipe for complete disaster.  Not if but when under these conditions. The system is already very broken. What do you think will happen with rates increasing and more people needing treatment?

The only way to fix it, would be to completely overhaul the mechanism that determines medical costs to cut them to a fraction quickly. We could start with big cuts, then keep cutting. We can start by cleaning up the FDA and big Pharma corruption that inflates the cost of drugs.

No president out of the previous 5 would have contemplated doing such a thing because the rich and powerful(swamp) control the system. The only one that is capable of doing such a thing is Trump. He is our only shot because he doesn't give a crap about making unpopular decisions if his end point projections are for the better vs being a swamp puppet like Clinton would have been and all the others. 

Finally, my unemployed sister in law, who gets Obama Care for free had 2 knee replacement surgeries and other treatments for free in the last  3 years. I am not the one to decide if she needed them or not, she was in her late 50's when they were done but its clear that doctors make the most money when they do expensive procedures.  The government subsidies(to people like my sister in law) and those paying for Obama Care are all paying for these doctors to get rich. 

Its hard to imagine a system that scrutinizes a doctors opinion on what is best for their patient and in America because of this, it actually results in us having some of the best health care in the world. 

I don't see an easy fix and on the current path, is only getting worse. This is going to be Trumps biggest political challenge...........by a wide margin. The media will continue to bash him and he will do things to tick them off even more because thats who he is. 

However, health care is the most serious problem of our life time. Honestly, I think Trump will have to impose some very unpopular rules in order to fix it. If you're old enough, you might remember when Reagan put a freeze on the hiring of all new federal government employees in the early 80's.  Trump needs to impose something similar that would effect the cost of drugs and medicine.........causing it to plunge. This would be passed on to the insurance companies, which could pass it on to the insured with more competitive rates.  Insurance company profits would also need to be reigned in.

This doesn't sound anything like what Trump would do. Sadly, Obama care, with the government taking control had the opportunity to do this had the Obama administration not been swamp puppets and instead, if they had made the changes above(with the medical/drug community forced to accept cheaper government controlled compensation) but instead, the exact opposite happened. They are all making more money now because of its flowing more freely from the government(which always seems to make bad things worse)

By metmike - Dec. 24, 2017, 11:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I think that half of the posts today were responses to this title and half of those were from me.

By a wide margin, most of the words typed on this forum today were from me and I feel silly looking back at what I typed and why.