First revision to GDP
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Feb. 28, 2018, 9:57 a.m.

What Happened I was told by the real traders and people who understand this stuff that we were done with downward revisions.

gdp revised down to 2.4% and that is just the start 

edit my mistake should have been 2.5% as pointed out by others  

my fault for not prof reading

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 28, 2018, 10:33 a.m.
Like Reply

why do libs from the top to the bottom always lie or atleast only tell 1/2 the story...from headline...gdp revised to 2.5 for the last 3 months as strongest consumer spending in 3 years drew in imports and inventories....really not hard to tell the rest of the story if you could only get pencil dick, schummer, and Pelosi to try it...and furthermore the .1 tenth adjustment was in line with most economist

By TimNew - Feb. 28, 2018, 10:41 a.m.
Like Reply

"What Happened I was told by the real traders and people who understand this stuff that we were done with downward revisions.

gdp revised down to 2.4% and that is just the start "

In an hysterically predictable fashion,  out trots the pigeon to the chessboard.  I'll get the original discussion if you attempt another revision.

1st, the GDP was revised down 1 tenth of 1 percent to 2.5 from 2.6. Not sure where you got 2.4.

2nd,  it's the 2nd of 3 estimates for the Q4:17.  There will be 1 more, so this is hardly just the start, Whatever you meant by that.

3rd,  in the original discussion,  you predicted downward revisions to below 2%, an historically as well as hysterically unlikely outcome.

4th,  my prediction was that upward revisions were far more likely that downward revisions, but did not expect significant changes either way.  We have one more estimate for the qtr., we'll see.

Finally, all indications so far show for a pretty decent Q1:18,  so I am still not sure where your "that's just the start" is coming from,  but apparently, for some reason,  you are rooting for an economic collapse.  Too bad for you that that is an increasingly unlikely scenario in the near, or even longer term.

By frey_1999 - Feb. 28, 2018, 8:51 p.m.
Like Reply

which has your history proves you have no problem doing.

By cliff-e - Feb. 28, 2018, 9:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Could this be why?

https://wolfstreet.com/2018/02/24/us-gross-national-debt-spikes-1-trillion-in-less-than-6-months/

A trillion here a trillion there and we're soon talking about real money. :~/