frey - question from above on turning to communism
1 response | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Jan. 29, 2018, 7:17 p.m.

You asked (above in the TR area):

"A question for you, and I'm serious to see your answer -- What is the single common factor that happens to every country in the world right before it turns to  communism?"

It is what almost happened to us in the 30s - a lack of hope.  The wealth divide gets so extreme that there is no opportunity.  Depressions on the Left are caused by what we all know - a lack of incentive to work.  The problem with capitalism, IMHO, is that fewer and fewer people in the marble game end up with all of the marbles.  When the imbalance gets too severe, we get the same conditions as approaching the depression from the Left - a lack of opportunity.

I'm guessing that you think the same.

Comments
By frey_1999 - Jan. 30, 2018, 11:22 a.m.
Like Reply

we are not to far apart -

were we differ I think is -

1) the 30's was not lack of hope - it was lack of opportunity that brings on the lack of hope

2)  I disagree that the lack of Incentive to work proceeds a country's path into communism it is a result of communism.

3) In every country that has ever went into a revolution to communism it has happened because the wealth of that country has been all put into a select few hands and the Poor have nothing and no place to turn to so they pick up the guns and they fight for change.

4) never in the history of the world has a country switched to communism because it taxed its wealthy to much.

Can a country tax it's rich to much   YES 

Can it give away to much in government handouts without a doubt. 

does a country have to strike a balance    Yes.

Should have we given tax cuts while we added another Trillion $ to the US debt   NO WAY